Unable to uninstall

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unable to uninstall

BERNARD H SILVERMAN
I downloaded Open Office and somehow it downloaded the French version.  I do not speak French and since all of the instructions are shown to me in French I am unable to Uninstall it.  To make matters worse I tried to reinstall open office again this time making sure I was reinstalling the English version but I am getting back an error message telling me the download is not completing because another Open Windows application is already installed.  HELP!

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to uninstall

Alan Boba-2
To uninstall the French version try the following...
1. Restart the pc (this will force all programs to close)
2. Log back in to your desktop
3. Go to Settings
4. Select Apps
5. In "Search this list" type "office"
* If Windows has OpenOffice correctly installed it will be visible in the
filtered list that is now displayed
6. Click OpenOffice
7. Click the Uninstall button
8. Follow the remaining prompts
* If a warning is displayed saying a program is preventing installation
select the option to attempt to close the program
9. Now try installing the English version

If step 5, 8 or something else does not follow per the list above please
provide more information.

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 1:48 AM BERNARD H SILVERMAN <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I downloaded Open Office and somehow it downloaded the French version.  I
> do not speak French and since all of the instructions are shown to me in
> French I am unable to Uninstall it.  To make matters worse I tried to
> reinstall open office again this time making sure I was reinstalling the
> English version but I am getting back an error message telling me the
> download is not completing because another Open Windows application is
> already installed.  HELP!
>
> Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
> Windows 10
>
>

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to uninstall

Hagar Delest-2
Copy to OP not subscribed to the list.

Hagar

Le 07/05/2020 à 18:02, Alan B a écrit :

> To uninstall the French version try the following...
> 1. Restart the pc (this will force all programs to close)
> 2. Log back in to your desktop
> 3. Go to Settings
> 4. Select Apps
> 5. In "Search this list" type "office"
> * If Windows has OpenOffice correctly installed it will be visible in the
> filtered list that is now displayed
> 6. Click OpenOffice
> 7. Click the Uninstall button
> 8. Follow the remaining prompts
> * If a warning is displayed saying a program is preventing installation
> select the option to attempt to close the program
> 9. Now try installing the English version
>
> If step 5, 8 or something else does not follow per the list above please
> provide more information.
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 1:48 AM BERNARD H SILVERMAN <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I downloaded Open Office and somehow it downloaded the French version.  I
>> do not speak French and since all of the instructions are shown to me in
>> French I am unable to Uninstall it.  To make matters worse I tried to
>> reinstall open office again this time making sure I was reinstalling the
>> English version but I am getting back an error message telling me the
>> download is not completing because another Open Windows application is
>> already installed.  HELP!
>>
>> Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
>> Windows 10
>>
>>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to uninstall

Hagar Delest-2
What's this kind of mail address that is invalid???
OP is [hidden email]

Hagar

Le 07/05/2020 à 22:19, Hagar Delest a écrit :

> Copy to OP not subscribed to the list.
>
> Hagar
>
> Le 07/05/2020 à 18:02, Alan B a écrit :
>> To uninstall the French version try the following...
>> 1. Restart the pc (this will force all programs to close)
>> 2. Log back in to your desktop
>> 3. Go to Settings
>> 4. Select Apps
>> 5. In "Search this list" type "office"
>> * If Windows has OpenOffice correctly installed it will be visible in
>> the
>> filtered list that is now displayed
>> 6. Click OpenOffice
>> 7. Click the Uninstall button
>> 8. Follow the remaining prompts
>> * If a warning is displayed saying a program is preventing installation
>> select the option to attempt to close the program
>> 9. Now try installing the English version
>>
>> If step 5, 8 or something else does not follow per the list above please
>> provide more information.
>>
>> On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 1:48 AM BERNARD H SILVERMAN <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I downloaded Open Office and somehow it downloaded the French
>>> version.  I
>>> do not speak French and since all of the instructions are shown to
>>> me in
>>> French I am unable to Uninstall it.  To make matters worse I tried to
>>> reinstall open office again this time making sure I was reinstalling
>>> the
>>> English version but I am getting back an error message telling me the
>>> download is not completing because another Open Windows application is
>>> already installed.  HELP!
>>>
>>> Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
>>> Windows 10
>>>
>>>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to uninstall

Brian Barker-2
At 22:21 07/05/2020 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:
>What's this kind of mail address that is invalid???
>OP is [hidden email]

See
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/office/outlook-com-email-account-appears-as-outlook-long-series-of-letters-and-numbers-outlook-com-in-outlook-for-windows-90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd 
.

Brian Barker  


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Unable to uninstall

Doug-3
In reply to this post by BERNARD H SILVERMAN
Bernard,

Go to "settings" then "apps" then "search, sort and filter by drive.  You should be able to uninstall your program from here, regardless of installation language.

From: BERNARD H SILVERMAN
Sent: May 6, 2020 11:48 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Unable to uninstall

I downloaded Open Office and somehow it downloaded the French version.  I do not speak French and since all of the instructions are shown to me in French I am unable to Uninstall it.  To make matters worse I tried to reinstall open office again this time making sure I was reinstalling the English version but I am getting back an error message telling me the download is not completing because another Open Windows application is already installed.  HELP!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to uninstall

Hagar Delest-2
In reply to this post by Hagar Delest-2
Thanks Brian.
How can users tolerate such a bug???

Hagar

Le 07/05/2020 à 23:43, Brian Barker a écrit :

> At 22:21 07/05/2020 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:
>> What's this kind of mail address that is invalid???
>> OP is [hidden email]
>
> See
> https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/office/outlook-com-email-account-appears-as-outlook-long-series-of-letters-and-numbers-outlook-com-in-outlook-for-windows-90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd 
> .
>
> Brian Barker
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to uninstall

M Henri Day
Den fre 8 maj 2020 kl 21:49 skrev Hagar Delest <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks Brian.
> How can users tolerate such a bug???
>
> Hagar
>
> Le 07/05/2020 à 23:43, Brian Barker a écrit :
> > At 22:21 07/05/2020 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:
> >> What's this kind of mail address that is invalid???
> >> OP is [hidden email]
> >
> > See
> >
> https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/office/outlook-com-email-account-appears-as-outlook-long-series-of-letters-and-numbers-outlook-com-in-outlook-for-windows-90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd
> > .
> >
> > Brian Barker


Hagar, tolerance for bugs comes with the territory for Windows users....

Henri
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to uninstall

Brian Barker-2
In reply to this post by Hagar Delest-2
At 21:49 08/05/2020 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:

>Le 07/05/2020 à 23:43, Brian Barker a écrit :
>>At 22:21 07/05/2020 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:
>>>What's this kind of mail address that is invalid???
>>>OP is [hidden email]
>>
>>See
>>https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/office/outlook-com-email-account-appears-as-outlook-long-series-of-letters-and-numbers-outlook-com-in-outlook-for-windows-90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd 
>>.
>
>Thanks Brian.
>How can users tolerate such a bug???

Well, indeed. The sad thing is that when
non-subscribed posters (as this one) experience
this effect, they can receive no replies and must
think that no-one cares enough to engage with
their problem - unless they happen to follow the
list some other way, of course.

Brian Barker


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]