Unfamiliar Additional Column has Appeared in my Calc Sheet #7

Unfamiliar Additional Column has Appeared in my Calc Sheet #7

WA.TWORSX via AOL
AOO415m1(Build:9789)  -  Rev. 1817496

I made an error by writing on a paper that was resting on my keyboard.
Now an unfamiliar column appears at the extreme left-hand side of my
Calc sheet #7, to left of the Column headings and left of the Row
numbers. Within this strange column at the top there are two buttons,
labeled 1 and 2; and further down a single button that shows as either a
plus (+) sign or a minus (-) sign.

Each of these buttons can be toggled by using either the left or the
right mouse button.

Row 7 of my Calc sheet is either hidden or is not hidden, depending on
the state of the buttons.

Any ideas or hints on how to fix this?

Regards,

VinceB.

Re: Unfamiliar Additional Column has Appeared in my Calc Sheet #7

Brian Barker
At 11:55 17/02/2018 -0500, Vince Bonly wrote:
>I made an error by writing on a paper that was resting on my keyboard.

Remember that Edit | Undo (or Ctrl+Z) - possibly repeatedly - may be
the easiest way to undo errors such as this if you catch them before
making any other changes (or soon after).

>Now an unfamiliar column appears at the extreme left-hand side of my
>Calc sheet #7, to left of the Column headings and left of the Row
>numbers. Within this strange column at the top there are two
>buttons, labeled 1 and 2; and further down a single button that
>shows as either a plus (+) sign or a minus (-) sign. Each of these
>buttons can be toggled by using either the left or the right mouse
>button. Row 7 of my Calc sheet is either hidden or is not hidden,
>depending on the state of the buttons.

You "grouped" row 7 - possibly by inadvertently pressing F12, Enter.

>Any ideas or hints on how to fix this?

Go to Data | Group and Outline > | Remove.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Unfamiliar Additional Column has Appeared in my Calc Sheet #7

WA.TWORSX via AOL

Yes, Data | Group and Outline>| Remove did the trick, Brian. Thank you.

Now that I am aware of another feature, I must read up on it. I have no
idea about what Group and Outline does or when I would want to make use
of it.

Regards,

VinceB.

At 13:15 17/02/2018 -0500, Vince Bonly wrote:
>Yes, Data | Group and Outline> | Remove did the trick, Brian. Thank you.

No probs!

>Now that I am aware of another feature, I must read up on it. I have
>no idea about what Group and Outline does or when I would want to
>make use of it.

See Chapter 2, "Entering, Editing, and Formatting Data", and Chapter
8, "Using the DataPilot", of the Calc Guide, apparently.

Brian Barker

Re: Unfamiliar Additional Column has Appeared in my Calc Sheet #7

WA.TWORSX via AOL
Thanks again.

Regards,
Vince