Uninstall before reinstall

STEIN THUE
Dear OpenOffice.org team,

To remove daily error messages from my installed OpenOffice sw, I need to uninstall OPenOffice  before installing a newer version. However, OpenOffice cannot be removed using the install/remove sw tool in xp/Control Panel.
If you could advice me as to how to deal with this problem, I would be deeply grateful, finding the OPenOffice sw highly useful. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Stein Thue

Re: Uninstall before reinstall

Dan Lewis-6
On Thursday 17 November 2005 01:36 am, STEIN THUE wrote:

> Dear OpenOffice.org team,
>
> To remove daily error messages from my installed OpenOffice sw, I need to
> uninstall OPenOffice  before installing a newer version. However,
> OpenOffice cannot be removed using the install/remove sw tool in xp/Control
> Panel. If you could advice me as to how to deal with this problem, I would
> be deeply grateful, finding the OPenOffice sw highly useful. Thank you for
> your time.
>
> Regards,
> Stein Thue
> [hidden email]

You need Administrator rights before you can uninstall OOo.

Dan