Unlock please

Petra Van Nuis
Hi,

I just got an iMac. I used to have windows and had saved hundreds of documents as odt files through open office 3.3 on my external hard drive. When I got my new Imac, i downloaded open office 4, then plugged in my hard drive and tried to open my open office odt files. The message that comes up is that they are "locked for editing by unknown user" and that I can open using read only or open a copy for editing. How do I unlock?

Thanks so much for your help!

Warmly,
Petra

Re: Unlock please

Amin Jacek Pedziwiater,ASUSCOREURUS,C:IBMM
Find in your old hard drive all files named ".~lock.*.*#" and delete them all, so then original documents should be unlocked for edit.

 Amin J. Pedziwiater