Unlocking Documents

Dirk Beach-Barrow
I am running an HP Desktop using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.  I have an
entire compact disc with documents saved on it that I have to be able to
access.  When I try to do so, I get a DOCUMENT LOCKED READ ONLY or COPY
ONLY message.  These documents are part of my settling the Estate of my
late husband and I have to have access to them to edit and print.  I
attempted to find guidance on your HELP page, which had NOTHING.  Then I
went to your website, registered (DuaneBeach Password: 1Popper&), and tried
to access one of the Forums, but I cannot post my problem, or make use of
any of the previous posts for this subject.  I do not want to incur the
cost of buying Microsoft Word 365 when I already have the majority of my
documents created in Open Office and I have no problems accessing them -
just the ones that I have saved onto a compact disc.

PLEASE HELP !!!!

Duane L. Beach-Barrow
760-620-5877 (Land Line)

Re: Unlocking Documents

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Dirk

That is how a Compact Disk works. You can not edit a document in a CD.
You need to copy the files to your Documents (or other) folder and then you can edit it.

NEVER share any password on a public email. I advise you to change it right now.

Regards,
Pedro