Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Matthias Seidel
Hi at all!

Meanwhile the Portuguese and the English dictionaries were updated. I
committed to trunk.

But for the 4.1.4 branch should we reopen
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341 ?

Regards, Matthias



smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Pedro
Hi Mattias, all

> Meanwhile the Portuguese and the English dictionaries were updated. I
> committed to trunk.
>
> But for the 4.1.4 branch should we reopen
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341 ?

Since there were no changes in the extension code I believe that the
latest version of the dictionary should always be included. Otherwise
most people doing a fresh install of AOO (English is by far the most
downloaded version) will immediately have to update an extension. This
is obviously not a problem but seems unnecessary (an extra download and
an extra install)

Just my 2 cents.
Pedro

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Matthias Seidel
Am 30.06.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Pedro Lino:
Hi Mattias, all

Meanwhile the Portuguese and the English dictionaries were updated. I
committed to trunk.

But for the 4.1.4 branch should we reopen
https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341 ?

Since there were no changes in the extension code I believe that the latest version of the dictionary should always be included. Otherwise most people doing a fresh install of AOO (English is by far the most downloaded version) will immediately have to update an extension. This is obviously not a problem but seems unnecessary (an extra download and an extra install)

Hi Pedro,

Of course, this is what the Bugzilla issue is for.
To ensure that the latest dictionaries are always included...

But one important note:
My builds are test builds. Nothing official!
Nevertheless Feedback is welcome and appreciated...

Regards, Matthias


Just my 2 cents.
Pedro

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]



smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Marcus (OOo)
In reply to this post by Matthias Seidel
Am 30.06.2017 um 17:11 schrieb Matthias Seidel:
> Meanwhile the Portuguese and the English dictionaries were updated. I
> committed to trunk.
>
> But for the 4.1.4 branch should we reopen
> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341 ?

sure, that's the purpose of the issue.

Marcus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Matthias Seidel
In reply to this post by Pedro
Hi Pedro,

I uploaded new test builds with updated dictionaries and other fixes...

https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-414-Test/

Maybe you want to give it a try?

Matthias


Am 30.06.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi Mattias, all
>
>> Meanwhile the Portuguese and the English dictionaries were updated. I
>> committed to trunk.
>>
>> But for the 4.1.4 branch should we reopen
>> https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127341 ?
>
> Since there were no changes in the extension code I believe that the
> latest version of the dictionary should always be included. Otherwise
> most people doing a fresh install of AOO (English is by far the most
> downloaded version) will immediately have to update an extension. This
> is obviously not a problem but seems unnecessary (an extra download
> and an extra install)
>
> Just my 2 cents.
> Pedro
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Pedro
Hi Matthias

First of all thank you for setting up a proper download page (with
Revision number and file time/date and size!).
All this information is extremely useful for people systematically
downloading test builds!

(it could only be more perfect if the build number was included in the
filename, for test builds only ;) )

> I uploaded new test builds with updated dictionaries and other fixes...
>
> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-414-Test/
>
> Maybe you want to give it a try?

Done. All is working perfectly with build 1800873 under Windows 10 Home x64.

Installation of 4.1.4 pt, check. Java detection (32bit obviously),
check. Latest Portuguese dictionary included, check.
Installing English language pack and switching to English UI, check.
Opening/saving ODT/ODS/ODP, check.

It seems that we have a keeper ;)

Thank you and to all contributing to this project.

Best regards,
Pedro

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Matthias Seidel
Am 08.07.2017 um 12:50 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Matthias
>
> First of all thank you for setting up a proper download page (with
> Revision number and file time/date and size!).
> All this information is extremely useful for people systematically
> downloading test builds!
>
> (it could only be more perfect if the build number was included in the
> filename, for test builds only ;) )

Hi Pedro,

Good idea! Done... ;-)

>
>> I uploaded new test builds with updated dictionaries and other fixes...
>>
>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-414-Test/
>>
>> Maybe you want to give it a try?
>
> Done. All is working perfectly with build 1800873 under Windows 10
> Home x64.
>
> Installation of 4.1.4 pt, check. Java detection (32bit obviously),
> check. Latest Portuguese dictionary included, check.
> Installing English language pack and switching to English UI, check.
> Opening/saving ODT/ODS/ODP, check.
I use my own builds on a daily base to see if any problems occur. But
the more people test, the better!

>
> It seems that we have a keeper ;)
>
> Thank you and to all contributing to this project.

You are welcome! This project is from users for users...
And we are a great community!

Regards, Matthias

>
> Best regards,
> Pedro
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>



smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Pedro
Hi Matthias, all

>> (it could only be more perfect if the build number was included in the
>> filename, for test builds only ;) )
> Good idea! Done... ;-)

Excellent! I meant for future builds, but why not start right now? Thank
you!

> This project is from users for users...

Yes, I think that is what makes the difference with the current group of
people maintaining AOO (when compared to the past and to other
projects). If only more people realized this small detail, it would make
a huge difference.

> And we are a great community!

I agree. We only need more developers :)

Kind regards,
Pedro

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Matthias Seidel
Am 08.07.2017 um 20:55 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Matthias, all
>
>>> (it could only be more perfect if the build number was included in the
>>> filename, for test builds only ;) )
>> Good idea! Done... ;-)
>
> Excellent! I meant for future builds, but why not start right now?
> Thank you!

Hi Pedro,

It was just a simple rename via SFTP... ;-)

>
>> This project is from users for users...
>
> Yes, I think that is what makes the difference with the current group
> of people maintaining AOO (when compared to the past and to other
> projects). If only more people realized this small detail, it would
> make a huge difference.

Definitely!

>
>> And we are a great community!
>
> I agree. We only need more developers :)

That is why I wrote "great" and not "big"! ;-)

Regards, Matthias

>
> Kind regards,
> Pedro
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>



smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Pedro
Hi Matthias


>>>> (it could only be more perfect if the build number was included in the
>>>> filename, for test builds only ;) )
>>>
> It was just a simple rename via SFTP... ;-)

Yes, I realize that for this build you simply did a rename (the build
date didn't change).
But my request was for the build number to be automatically appended to
the the filename during the build process for all your future test
builds (or automatically renamed if that is easier)
So my request was to make that a persistent feature in future builds.

Thanks,
Pedro

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Updated dictionaries (Portuguese/English)

Matthias Seidel
Am 09.07.2017 um 19:38 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi Matthias
>
>
>>>>> (it could only be more perfect if the build number was included in
>>>>> the
>>>>> filename, for test builds only ;) )
>>>>
>> It was just a simple rename via SFTP... ;-)
>
> Yes, I realize that for this build you simply did a rename (the build
> date didn't change).
> But my request was for the build number to be automatically appended
> to the the filename during the build process for all your future test
> builds (or automatically renamed if that is easier)
> So my request was to make that a persistent feature in future builds.
I know that this is the way our buildbots do it.
But I think this is not done during the build process but also by doing
a rename before uploading.
(Getting the Windows buildbots working again is another task)

For my builds I will simply do a bulk rename for the next releases.
Additionally I will build with --with-vendor to identify my builds as
being not official.

Matthias

>
> Thanks,
> Pedro
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>



smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Loading...