Updated translations (am, et, hy, lv, uk)

Updated translations (am, et, hy, lv, uk)

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

We have just updated the translations for specific languages (am, et,
hy, lv, uk).

You can find new Windows Test Builds here:

https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Updated translations (am, et, hy, lv, uk)

Taavi Kaevats
Hi,

Thank you, Matthias, for fresh test build. I have the UI at 100%, but
help is incomplete.

I made a full install and at the very beginning of installation i
noticed an english string "preparing install", which shortly got
replaced by localized version "paigalduseks valmistumine". That was in
installer.

When i opened the program from desktop shortcut "OpenOffice 4.2.0" i
was facing text in english again: https://pasteboard.co/Je8g5DV.png

Main menus of the apps are all localized, but when i look deeper i end
up in english again. For example File -> Printer settings ->
Properties is all localized, including the Properties button, but when
clicking the button everything is not localized.
https://pasteboard.co/Je8uwMc.png

Is this normal? Could they be part of help directory in Pootle?
I actually expected all submenus being translated and am confused now..

--
Taavi Kaevats
e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Updated translations (am, et, hy, lv, uk)

Matthias Seidel
Hi Taavi,

Am 21.06.20 um 18:22 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you, Matthias, for fresh test build. I have the UI at 100%, but
> help is incomplete.
>
> I made a full install and at the very beginning of installation i
> noticed an english string "preparing install", which shortly got
> replaced by localized version "paigalduseks valmistumine". That was in
> installer.

Windows installation is done in two parts:

First NSIS extracts the binaries, then Windows Installer does the rest.
I would need to know when exactly that happens. But if it is only
visible for a short time I doubt that we invest much time in it.

> When i opened the program from desktop shortcut "OpenOffice 4.2.0" i
> was facing text in english again: https://pasteboard.co/Je8g5DV.png

That is the splashscreen.
No plans to get this graphic localized... ;-)

> Main menus of the apps are all localized, but when i look deeper i end
> up in english again. For example File -> Printer settings ->
> Properties is all localized, including the Properties button, but when
> clicking the button everything is not localized.
> https://pasteboard.co/Je8uwMc.png
And that seems to be a property page from your HP printer driver.
To get that localized you must talk to HP...

Regards,

   Matthias