Updating neon from 0.24 to 0.26

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Updating neon from 0.24 to 0.26

Kai Sommerfeld
Hi all,

 for OOo 2.3 I plan to update OOo internal neon from version 0.24.7 to
0.26.x. Any general objections?

 Do we still need support for older neon versions (currently we support
0.24, 0.25, 0.26)? If nobody objects I will remove support for version <
0.26.

 Patches. Looking at current neon.patch file (r1.15), I see

- some patches for MinGW support and GCC warnings removal. Seems, that
most recent neon release (0.26.3) does not contain these fixes. Is it
planned to contribute the fixes back to the neon project?

- some IPv6 related patches I made. I have contributed those patches
back to neon and they are official part of neon since version 0.25.0

- Kai.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating neon from 0.24 to 0.26

stephan.bergmann
Kai Sommerfeld wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  for OOo 2.3 I plan to update OOo internal neon from version 0.24.7 to
> 0.26.x. Any general objections?
>
>  Do we still need support for older neon versions (currently we support
> 0.24, 0.25, 0.26)? If nobody objects I will remove support for version <
> 0.26.
>
>  Patches. Looking at current neon.patch file (r1.15), I see
>
> - some patches for MinGW support and GCC warnings removal. Seems, that
> most recent neon release (0.26.3) does not contain these fixes. Is it
> planned to contribute the fixes back to the neon project?

The changes done for warning-free code (r1.13):  The only relevant
change was to add #pragma GCC system_header to one delivered header, to
suppress all warnings from that header.  That is a workaround rather
than a fix, so should not go upstream.  Instead, we need to re-evaluate
what changes are necessary for warning-free compiles with 0.26.3 (and if
those changes can be made in a clean-fix-rather-than-crude-workaround
way, we should consider upstreaming them).

-Stephan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating neon from 0.24 to 0.26

Rene Engelhard-7
In reply to this post by Kai Sommerfeld
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Kai Sommerfeld wrote:
>  for OOo 2.3 I plan to update OOo internal neon from version 0.24.7 to
> 0.26.x. Any general objections?

Not from me.

[...]

Please be aware of OOo currently *building* against neon26 but not
*working* correctly. See

http://bugs.debian.org/406926
http://bugs.debian.org/396094
http://bugs.debian.org/401286
http://bugs.debian.org/410917

in the Debian BTS for the Debian packages.
Which in the end got fixed by reverting to libneon25.

Regards,

Rene
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFGOvi7+FmQsCSK63MRAjbPAJ99AY1GEzcw6xulKEHp9hYSK8tyfgCdEBrP
lLNi0mKra0P1lr3YT2LEwp8=
=+1AR
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating neon from 0.24 to 0.26

Kai Sommerfeld
In reply to this post by Kai Sommerfeld
Hi all,

On 05/04/2007 11:11 AM, Rene Engelhard wrote:

[...]

> Please be aware of OOo currently *building* against neon26 but not
> *working* correctly. See
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/406926
> http://bugs.debian.org/396094
> http://bugs.debian.org/401286
> http://bugs.debian.org/410917
>
> in the Debian BTS for the Debian packages.
> Which in the end got fixed by reverting to libneon25.

 Rene, thanks for pointing this out. Will keep this in mind (and try to
 fix it in either OOo code base or neon 0.26 code base).

- Kai.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating neon from 0.24 to 0.26

Kai Sommerfeld
In reply to this post by Kai Sommerfeld
Hi,

On 05/03/2007 11:43 AM, Kai Sommerfeld wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  for OOo 2.3 I plan to update OOo internal neon from version 0.24.7 to
> 0.26.x. Any general objections?
 No objections. So I filed #i77023# for this.
>
>  Do we still need support for older neon versions (currently we support
> 0.24, 0.25, 0.26)? If nobody objects I will remove support for version <
> 0.26.
 No objections. Removal will be done as part of #i77023#.

>
>  Patches. Looking at current neon.patch file (r1.15), I see
>
> - some patches for MinGW support and GCC warnings removal. Seems, that
> most recent neon release (0.26.3) does not contain these fixes. Is it
> planned to contribute the fixes back to the neon project?
 Any comments re the MinGW topic?

- Kai.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating neon from 0.24 to 0.26

Petr Mladek
In reply to this post by Kai Sommerfeld
On Friday 04 May 2007 18:47, Kai Sommerfeld wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On 05/04/2007 11:11 AM, Rene Engelhard wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Please be aware of OOo currently *building* against neon26 but not
> > *working* correctly. See
> >
> > http://bugs.debian.org/406926
> > http://bugs.debian.org/396094
> > http://bugs.debian.org/401286
> > http://bugs.debian.org/410917
> >
> > in the Debian BTS for the Debian packages.
> > Which in the end got fixed by reverting to libneon25.
>
>  Rene, thanks for pointing this out. Will keep this in mind (and try to
>  fix it in either OOo code base or neon 0.26 code base).

Hmm, I have got similar bug report also for openSUSE-10.2. By chance, don't
you already have a fix for it? ;-)


--
Best Regards,

Petr Mladek
software developer
---------------------------------------------------------------------  
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                        e-mail: [hidden email]
Lihovarsk√° 1060/12                          tel: +420 284 028 952
190 00 Prague 9                             fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                              http://www.suse.cz/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating neon from 0.24 to 0.26

Kai Sommerfeld
In reply to this post by Kai Sommerfeld
Hi Petr,

On 05/15/2007 06:07 PM, Petr Mladek wrote:

> On Friday 04 May 2007 18:47, Kai Sommerfeld wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On 05/04/2007 11:11 AM, Rene Engelhard wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> Please be aware of OOo currently *building* against neon26 but not
>>> *working* correctly. See
>>>
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/406926
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/396094
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/401286
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/410917
>>>
>>> in the Debian BTS for the Debian packages.
>>> Which in the end got fixed by reverting to libneon25.
>>  Rene, thanks for pointing this out. Will keep this in mind (and try to
>>  fix it in either OOo code base or neon 0.26 code base).
>
> Hmm, I have got similar bug report also for openSUSE-10.2. By chance, don't
> you already have a fix for it? ;-)
>
 Sorry, not yet.

 Ciao,
Kai.

--
OpenOffice.org Engineering at Sun: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating neon from 0.24 to 0.26

Petr Mladek
On Wednesday 16 May 2007 08:51, Kai Sommerfeld wrote:
> On 05/15/2007 06:07 PM, Petr Mladek wrote:
> > Hmm, I have got similar bug report also for openSUSE-10.2. By chance,
> > don't you already have a fix for it? ;-)
>
>  Sorry, not yet.

I have attached a simple fix to
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=77023. I am not 100% sure
but it looks fine to me.


--
Best Regards,

Petr Mladek
software developer
---------------------------------------------------------------------  
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                        e-mail: [hidden email]
Lihovarsk√° 1060/12                          tel: +420 284 028 952
190 00 Prague 9                             fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                              http://www.suse.cz/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Updating neon from 0.24 to 0.26

Kai Sommerfeld
In reply to this post by Kai Sommerfeld
Petr,

On 05/18/2007 09:32 PM, Petr Mladek wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 May 2007 08:51, Kai Sommerfeld wrote:
>> On 05/15/2007 06:07 PM, Petr Mladek wrote:
>>> Hmm, I have got similar bug report also for openSUSE-10.2. By chance,
>>> don't you already have a fix for it? ;-)
>>  Sorry, not yet.
>
> I have attached a simple fix to
> http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=77023. I am not 100% sure
> but it looks fine to me.
>
 Thanks for the patch. I'll take a look asap and comment directly in the
issue.

- Kai.

--
OpenOffice.org Engineering at Sun: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]