Upload speed to home.apache.org

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

A while ago Infra did some maintenance on home.apache.org
Now my upload speed is incredibly slow, it would take me more than 22
hours to upload my Windows test builds...

Can anyone confirm that or is it a problem on my side?

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Upload speed to home.apache.org

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 08/03/2020 Matthias Seidel wrote:
> A while ago Infra did some maintenance on home.apache.org
> Now my upload speed is incredibly slow, it would take me more than 22
> hours to upload my Windows test builds...
> Can anyone confirm that or is it a problem on my side?

It is quite fast for me.

$ dd if=/dev/urandom of=1g.bin count=1024 bs=1048576
(to generate a 1G file that cannot be compressed effectively, as
compression would influence results)

$ time scp 1g.bin home.apache.org:
1g.bin 100% 1024MB  21.0MB/s   00:48

real 0m57,325s
user 0m2,634s
sys 0m3,222s

So I can upload 1G in a bit less than 1 minute, which means that the
Windows builds should upload in much less than one hour.

(for those running the test: to avoid annoying Infra, please delete the
uploaded file after the test)

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Upload speed to home.apache.org

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for testing!

I tried another FTP client now. FileZilla does upload at high speed
(Windows binary (Full Installation) in about a minute)!
It seems that my "old" one had real problems with the new speed (on
Windows as well as on Ubuntu).

Regards,

   Matthias