Urgent, help to fix spell check for Open office 4.3.1

Urgent, help to fix spell check for Open office 4.3.1

Malooq Tariq
Hello,

My spell check for OpenOffice writer does not work properly because OpenOffice writer does not underline word as red to show incorrect spelling or Open Office writer does not suggest the correct word or similar words to correct the incorrect spelling.

Please help to fix the spell checker for OpenOffice writer?

Enjoy your day, have a happy week with your loving family and friends.

Thanks for all your help.

Re: Urgent, help to fix spell check for Open office 4.3.1

Keith N. McKenna
On 8/30/2017 5:49 PM, Malooq Tariq wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My spell check for OpenOffice writer does not work properly because OpenOffice writer does not underline word as red to show incorrect spelling or Open Office writer does not suggest the correct word or similar words to correct the incorrect spelling.
>
> Please help to fix the spell checker for OpenOffice writer?
>
> Enjoy your day, have a happy week with your loving family and friends.
>
> Thanks for all your help.

This is almost always a sign of corruption in the user profile and is
corrected by a reset of the profile. For the location of your user
profile and instructions to reset it see the following How To:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Handling_the_OpenOffice.org_User_Profile.

As you are not subscribed to the mailing list I have cc'd your e-mail as
a courtesy. Please send all replies on;y to the list.

Regards
Keith

Re: Urgent, help to fix spell check for Open office 4.3.1

Russell Munk

Keith N. McKenna wrote on 8/31/2017 8:59 AM:

> On 8/30/2017 5:49 PM, Malooq Tariq wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My spell check for OpenOffice writer does not work properly because OpenOffice writer does not underline word as red to show incorrect spelling or Open Office writer does not suggest the correct word or similar words to correct the incorrect spelling.
>>
>> Please help to fix the spell checker for OpenOffice writer?
>>
>> Enjoy your day, have a happy week with your loving family and friends.
>>
>> Thanks for all your help.
>>
> This is almost always a sign of corruption in the user profile and is
> corrected by a reset of the profile. For the location of your user
> profile and instructions to reset it see the following How To:
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Handling_the_OpenOffice.org_User_Profile.
>
> As you are not subscribed to the mailing list I have cc'd your e-mail as
> a courtesy. Please send all replies on;y to the list.
>
> Regards
> Keith

Actually the profile problem causes the spellchecker to find everything
is misspelled. When the spellchecker finds nothing misspelled, even
complete gibberish, check that Tools > Options > Language Settings >
Languages has your language selected for 'Default languages for
documents'. If that's not the problem try looking at these:
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=67
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58403#p58403
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16512

HTH,
Russ

On 8/31/2017 11:35 AM, Russell Munk wrote:

> Keith N. McKenna wrote on 8/31/2017 8:59 AM:
>> On 8/30/2017 5:49 PM, Malooq Tariq wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> My spell check for OpenOffice writer does not work properly because
>>> OpenOffice writer does not underline word as red to show incorrect
>>> spelling or Open Office writer does not suggest the correct word or
>>> similar words to correct the incorrect spelling.
>>>
>>> Please help to fix the spell checker for OpenOffice writer?
>>>
>>> Enjoy your day, have a happy week with your loving family and friends.
>>>
>>> Thanks for all your help.
>>>
>> This is almost always a sign of corruption in the user profile and is
>> corrected by a reset of the profile. For the location of your user
>> profile and instructions to reset it see the following How To:
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Handling_the_OpenOffice.org_User_Profile.
>>

>> As you are not subscribed to the mailing list I have cc'd your e-mail as
>> a courtesy. Please send all replies on;y to the list.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith
>>
> Actually the profile problem causes the spellchecker to find everything
> is misspelled. When the spellchecker finds nothing misspelled, even
> complete gibberish, check that Tools > Options > Language Settings >
> Languages has your language selected for 'Default languages for
> documents'. If that's not the problem try looking at these:
> http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=67
> http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58403#p58403
> http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16512
>
> HTH,
> Russ
Russ;

Actually we have seen the profile problem be responsible for both
phenomenon which is why we recommend the profile reset as one of the
first things to eliminate in a spellcheck problem inquiry.

Regards
Keith