User Guide for OpenOffice.org

Zero Subnet
Hello, I am interested in participating in the user guide development.
Please see links below for writing samples (the blog entries since Jan. 2009
are mine). Please let me know if I can help with writing or in other ways.
Thanks!
Greg

http://anaphoramusic.com/blog/
http://anaphoramusic.com/cd-dvd-duplication/faqs.htm

Re: User Guide for OpenOffice.org

Clayton-24
On 02/13/2010 06:56 PM, Zero Subnet wrote:
> Hello, I am interested in participating in the user guide development.
> Please see links below for writing samples (the blog entries since Jan. 2009
> are mine). Please let me know if I can help with writing or in other ways.
> Thanks!
> Greg
>
> http://anaphoramusic.com/blog/
> http://anaphoramusic.com/cd-dvd-duplication/faqs.htm

Hi Greg.  Welcome to the OpenOffice.org Documentation Project.

The first thing to do is subscribe to this list, or you won't see any
replies. Send a blank email to [hidden email]

The Documentation Project has two main mailing lists:
[hidden email], for discussions related to project
infrastructure and policy, and [hidden email], where
writers, editors, reviewers, and others discuss documents they are
working on.

We recommend you subscribe to each of these mailing lists. To subscribe
to the authors list, send a blank email to
[hidden email]

To get an overview of the project, look at the Documentation Wiki at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation There you will
find most of the documentation that we have available for OOo.  The box
on the top right of the Documentation Wiki, "Want To Help?" contains
some helpful information to help you get started.

Work on the user guides mainly takes place through the OOoAuthors
website, http://oooauthors.org/english Those docs are then made
available through the Documentation wiki.

Most of the other materials produced and maintained by the Documentation
Project, including how-to's, tutorials, and FAQs, as well as documents
for system admins, programmers and developers, are wiki-based. So you
might want to get an account on the wiki as well.

BTW, we are in the process of evaluating what the Project is doing and
how it's doing it, so some parts of the wiki and the website are being
reorganised and rewritten. If some things seem inconsistent or unclear,
that's probably why. We also use the wiki for planning purposes. You are
welcome to join in. And don't be shy about asking questions on the list
when things are unclear.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [hidden email]
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead