User Guides on Wiki

Paolo Pozzan-2
Hello!
While we (the italian team) keep on translating the wiki pages, we noted
that some sections are the guides contained in OOoAuthors but "wikized".
We already translated some of those guides, so we wuold like to know
what are those ones that need to be converted and if there is any
standard way to do so (manually copy-paste or Sun MediaWiki Extension
for OOo...).
I don't know if this is the right place. Maybe authors@user-faq is more
suitable?
Last question: to your knowledge are there any other sections in the
wiki that are worth translating but are just a copy from another source?

Thank you!
Paolo

Re: User Guides on Wiki

Jean Hollis Weber-3
The user guides were converted to mediawiki using the export function
that is now in the Sun extension. That is probably the easiest way for
you to convert the Italian guides. Of course the figures and the
tables of contents must be done by hand and some cleanup of the
mediawiki code is sometimes necessary. I do minor updates by copy and
paste.

I do not know if any other docs on the wiki are taken from another
source. --Jean

On Wednesday, February 24, 2010, Paolo Pozzan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
> While we (the italian team) keep on translating the wiki pages, we noted
> that some sections are the guides contained in OOoAuthors but "wikized".
> We already translated some of those guides, so we wuold like to know
> what are those ones that need to be converted and if there is any
> standard way to do so (manually copy-paste or Sun MediaWiki Extension
> for OOo...).
> I don't know if this is the right place. Maybe authors@user-faq is more
> suitable?
> Last question: to your knowledge are there any other sections in the
> wiki that are worth translating but are just a copy from another source?
>
> Thank you!
> Paolo

Re: User Guides on Wiki

Nino Novak-2
On Tuesday 23 February 2010 22:01, Paolo Pozzan wrote:
> Hello!
> While we (the italian team) keep on translating the wiki pages, we
> noted that some sections are the guides contained in OOoAuthors but
> "wikized". We already translated some of those guides, so we wuold
> like to know what are those ones that need to be converted and if
> there is any standard way to do so (manually copy-paste or Sun
> MediaWiki Extension for OOo...).
> I don't know if this is the right place. Maybe authors@user-faq is
> more suitable?

Paolo,

the same question I asked 5 months ago for the German User Guide
Translation. Short answer: MediaWiki Extension plus Macro by TJFrazier
plus a lot of manual corrections. You can see the full answers here:

http://user-faq.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=authors&by=thread&from=2274618

> Last question: to your knowledge are there any other sections in the
> wiki that are worth translating but are just a copy from another
> source?

Others have to answer this question as I don't know.

But, I'd suppose there are quite some good documents in any native
language :-)

Ciao,
Nino

Re: User Guides on Wiki

Nino Novak-2
On Tuesday 23 February 2010 23:04, me myself wrote:

> MediaWiki Extension plus Macro by
> TJFrazier plus a lot of manual corrections.

FYI - I just translated my personal "best practice" notes into English,
see http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Nnino/ODT2Wiki

N.