[VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Jim Jagielski
I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9-RC1 as GA.

These artifacts can be found at:

   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.9-RC1/

Please cast your vote:

The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

 [ ] yes / +1

 [ ] no / -1

My vote is based on

 [ ] binding (member of PMC)

 [ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]

 [ ] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]

This vote will be open for 96hrs instead of the normal 72hrs to
accommodate the US Holiday.

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Peter Kovacs-3
Bruce:

Check the below message out.

There is a link, below. Install OpenOffice, best is next to your regular
install. Test then all features important to you and report back.

All the Best

Peter

On 18.01.21 14:47, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9-RC1 as GA.
>
> These artifacts can be found at:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.9-RC1/
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:
>
>   [ ] yes / +1
>
>   [ ] no / -1
>
> My vote is based on
>
>   [ ] binding (member of PMC)
>
>   [ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]
>
>   [ ] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]
>
> This vote will be open for 96hrs instead of the normal 72hrs to
> accommodate the US Holiday.

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Don Lewis-2
 [X] yes / +1

 [ ] no / -1

My vote is based on

 [ ] binding (member of PMC)

 [X] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [FreeBSD]

On 18 Jan, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9-RC1 as GA.
>
> These artifacts can be found at:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.9-RC1/
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:
>
>  [ ] yes / +1
>
>  [ ] no / -1
>
> My vote is based on
>
>  [ ] binding (member of PMC)
>
>  [ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]
>
>  [ ] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]
>
> This vote will be open for 96hrs instead of the normal 72hrs to
> accommodate the US Holiday.

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Jim Jagielski
My VOTE:

[X] yes / +1

[X] binding (member of PMC)

[X] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ macOS 10.15, CentOS5 ]

[X] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ macOS 10.15, macOS 11.1, CentOS5, Ubuntu 18.04 ]

> On Jan 18, 2021, at 8:47 AM, Jim Jagielski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9-RC1 as GA.
>
> These artifacts can be found at:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.9-RC1/
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:
>
> [ ] yes / +1
>
> [ ] no / -1
>
> My vote is based on
>
> [ ] binding (member of PMC)
>
> [ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]
>
> [ ] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]
>
> This vote will be open for 96hrs instead of the normal 72hrs to
> accommodate the US Holiday.

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

Am 18.01.21 um 14:47 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

> I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9-RC1 as GA.
>
> These artifacts can be found at:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.9-RC1/
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:
>
>  [x] yes / +1
>
>  [ ] no / -1
>
> My vote is based on
>
>  [x] binding (member of PMC)
>
>  [x] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [Windows 10]
>
>  [x] I have tested the binary RC on platform [Ubuntu 16.04, Windows 7, Windows 10]
Regards,

   Matthias

> This vote will be open for 96hrs instead of the normal 72hrs to
> accommodate the US Holiday.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Keith N. McKenna
On 1/18/2021 8:47 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
 Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

[X] yes / +1

 [ ] no / -1

My vote is based on

[X] binding (member of PMC)

[ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]

[X] I have tested the binary RC on platform [Windows 10]

> This vote will be open for 96hrs instead of the normal 72hrs to
> accommodate the US Holiday.

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Arrigo Marchiori

here is my vote.

The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

 [X] yes / +1

 [ ] no / -1

My vote is based on

 [ ] binding (member of PMC)

 [X] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ CentOS 5 ]

 [X] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ Linux - see notes ]

Notes:

 - Binary RC downloaded in DEB format for Linux x86_64, Italian
   language. Installed into Ubuntu 18.04 system. Used for some days
   for non-intensive office work.

 - Downloaded the source code; verified the hashes and signature;
   verified presence of the NOTICE and LICENSE files.

 - Source code built successfuly on CentOS 5 x86_64 using build script
   from SVN repository, edited to launch fewer parallel jobs.

 - RPM's for x86_64 Italian version installed into openSUSE Leap 15.2
   system.  Verified and reported bug 128424. Quick testing.

 - Source code built successfully on CentOS 5 i386 using build script
   from SVN repository, edited to launch fewer parallel jobs.

 - DEB's for i386 Italian version installed into Debian 10
   system. Quick testing.

 - All systems above were tested against bug 127952.

Thank you and best regards.

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 08:47:45AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9-RC1 as GA.
>
> These artifacts can be found at:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.9-RC1/
>
> Please cast your vote:
>
> The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:
>
>  [ ] yes / +1
>
>  [ ] no / -1
>
> My vote is based on
>
>  [ ] binding (member of PMC)
>
>  [ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]
>
>  [ ] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]
>
> This vote will be open for 96hrs instead of the normal 72hrs to
> accommodate the US Holiday.

Arrigo

http://rigo.altervista.org

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Czesław Wolański
Hi all,

The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

  [X] yes / +1

  [ ] no / -1

My vote is based on

  [ ] binding (member of PMC)

  [ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform []

  [x] I have tested the binary RC on platform [Windows 7, Windows 10]

Specials:
- both Windows: Home, 64-bit

Language attention:
 - en-US (full) + de, fr, pl, pt, ru (langpack)
- pl (full) + en-US (langpack)

Thank you and kind regards,
Czesław

Am Di., 19. Jan. 2021 um 22:03 Uhr schrieb Arrigo Marchiori
<[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> here is my vote.
>
> The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:
>
>  [X] yes / +1
>
>  [ ] no / -1
>
> My vote is based on
>
>  [ ] binding (member of PMC)
>
>  [X] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ CentOS 5 ]
>
>  [X] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ Linux - see notes ]
>
> Notes:
>
>  - Binary RC downloaded in DEB format for Linux x86_64, Italian
>    language. Installed into Ubuntu 18.04 system. Used for some days
>    for non-intensive office work.
>
>  - Downloaded the source code; verified the hashes and signature;
>    verified presence of the NOTICE and LICENSE files.
>
>  - Source code built successfuly on CentOS 5 x86_64 using build script
>    from SVN repository, edited to launch fewer parallel jobs.
>
>  - RPM's for x86_64 Italian version installed into openSUSE Leap 15.2
>    system.  Verified and reported bug 128424. Quick testing.
>
>  - Source code built successfully on CentOS 5 i386 using build script
>    from SVN repository, edited to launch fewer parallel jobs.
>
>  - DEB's for i386 Italian version installed into Debian 10
>    system. Quick testing.
>
>  - All systems above were tested against bug 127952.
>
> Thank you and best regards.
>
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 08:47:45AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community
> builds of
> > Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9-RC1 as GA.
> >
> > These artifacts can be found at:
> >
> >    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.9-RC1/
> >
> > Please cast your vote:
> >
> > The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:
> >
> >  [ ] yes / +1
> >
> >  [ ] no / -1
> >
> > My vote is based on
> >
> >  [ ] binding (member of PMC)
> >
> >  [ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]
> >
> >  [ ] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]
> >
> > This vote will be open for 96hrs instead of the normal 72hrs to
> > accommodate the US Holiday.

> Arrigo
>
> http://rigo.altervista.org

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Marcus (OOo)
Am 18.01.21 um 14:47 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

> I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9-RC1 as GA.
>
>   [X] yes / +1
>
>   [ ] no / -1
>
> My vote is based on
>
>   [X] binding (member of PMC)
>
>   [ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]
>
>   [X] I have tested the binary RC on platform [see below]

Tested on:
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit Build 1909
- Installed AOO 4.1.9m1 (Build 9805 - Rev. 56108130a

- Fedora Linux 21 64-bit
- Installed AOO 4.1.9m1 (Build 9805 - Rev. 56108130a

- Both first with "en-US" full install
- Then "de" langpack
- Then switched the UI languages

Tested with:
- Existing, older AOO documents
- Existing, older DOC, XLS, PPT documents
- Existing, older DOCX, XLSX, PPTX documents
- Created new ones and opened the saved files

Everything without problems.

Marcus

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Carl Marcum
My Vote follows..

The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

  [X] yes / +1

  [ ] no / -1

My vote is based on:

  [X] binding (member of PMC)

  [X] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform CentOS 7 x86-64 and Ubuntu 18.04 x86-64.

  [X] I have tested the binary RC on platform CentOS 8 Stream (current) x86-64 and Windows 10 x86-64 (current)

I have verified the checksums and gpg signature as good on both source
and binaries including the SDK.
I inspected the source release and binaries and verified they contain
the LICENSE, NOTICE, and README files required.
I ran 3 iterations of our BVT and FVT automated test suites on both
CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 18.04 on builds from source with good results.

I also performed basic manual verification of saving, editing, and
re-saving of both existing and new test documents.

Best regards,
Carl

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Jim, all

 The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

  [x] yes / +1

  [ ] no / -1

 My vote is based on

  [ ] binding (member of PMC)

  [x] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [Ubuntu 18.04 x64]

  [x] I have tested the binary RC on platform [Ubuntu 14.04 x86, Ubuntu 20.04 x64, Windows XP x86, Windows 7 x64]

Verified SHA256 and SHA512 for the Windows and Linux DEB binaries, opened documents (ODT, ODS, ODP, ODF, DOC, XLS, PPT and DOCX, XLSX, PPTX), checked for Updates and Extension Updates)

Regards,
Pedro

Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 18/01/21 Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9-RC1 as GA.

The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:

  [X] yes / +1

  [ ] no / -1

My vote is based on

  [X] binding (member of PMC)

  [X] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ Linux64 ]

  [ ] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]

- Built on CentOS 7 64-bit, it/en, RPM/DEB/installed
- Tested the resulting DEBs (it) on Ubuntu 20.04
- checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
- checked that the .bz2 and .gz versions of the source package match

Regards,
   Andrea.

[CLOSED] Re: [VOTE] Release AOO 4.1.9-RC1 as GA

Jim Jagielski
After 96hrs, I've closed this vote, which PASSES with plenty of (binding) +1 votes.

Thanks to all!

I will start the actual release process asap.