[VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

12

[VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Jürgen Schmidt-3
Hi all,

this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
(RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0.

Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
support for 38 languages. New languages for this release compared to
4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hebrew, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.

Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
success of OpenOffice.

An overview of the integrated release issues can be found under:

http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RC_fixes.html

The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
releases for 38 languages) and further information how to verify and
review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 can be found on the following wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds

The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1583666! And a
fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under

http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0

The vote starts now and will be open until:

   Sunday evening, 6 April: 2014-04-06 11:00pm UTC.

But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
members.

   [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
   [ ]  0 Don't care

(1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
bit is already available.

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 09:56:31 +0200
Jürgen Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...

+1 (non binding)

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Khoem Sokhem-2
Hi,

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0

Thanks,
Sokhem

On 03-Apr-14 3:09 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 09:56:31 +0200
> Jürgen Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
>> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
>> members.
>>
>>     [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
>>     [ ]  0 Don't care
>>     [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
> +1 (non binding)

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Steve Yin
+1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0

--
Best Regards,

Steve Yin

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Shari Lynn Smith
+1

powered by android
On Apr 3, 2014 2:57 AM, "Jürgen Schmidt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> support for 38 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hebrew, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> success of OpenOffice.
>
> An overview of the integrated release issues can be found under:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RC_fixes.html
>
> The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 38 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 can be found on the following wiki page:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1583666! And a
> fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>    Sunday evening, 6 April: 2014-04-06 11:00pm UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
>

> (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> bit is already available.

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Stuart Swales
   [x] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0

en_GB

Regards,

Stuart
--
Stuart Swales

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Louis Suárez-Potts-3

On 2014-04-03, at 03:56, Jürgen Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0

+1

-louis

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Jürgen Schmidt-3
[X] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0

I have tested the office now for 2 days, verified some issues, build it
from scratch based on the src release. It looks good to me and I give my
+1 for the final go ;-)

I will be offline for the next 3 days but will count the votes in time.

Juergen

On 4/3/14 9:56 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> support for 38 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hebrew, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> success of OpenOffice.
>
> An overview of the integrated release issues can be found under:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RC_fixes.html
>
> The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 38 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 can be found on the following wiki page:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1583666! And a
> fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>    Sunday evening, 6 April: 2014-04-06 11:00pm UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
>

> (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> bit is already available.

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Pedro Giffuni
[X] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0

I have not been very involved in this release but I am very glad with
the progress made. The accessibility support, in particular, is key for
many users that would otherwise have very limited access to information.

Huge congratulations to everyone involved in this important milestone!

Pedro.

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Clarence GUO
[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0

Thanks for hard working from all of you

Clarence

> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> support for 38 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hebrew, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> success of OpenOffice.
>
> An overview of the integrated release issues can be found under:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RC_fixes.html
>
> The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 38 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 can be found on the following wiki page:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1583666! And a
> fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>    Sunday evening, 6 April: 2014-04-06 11:00pm UTC.
>
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
>

> (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> bit is already available.

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Yuzhen Fan

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Edwin Sharp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2014, at 10:56, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> > (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0.
> >
> > Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> > 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> > iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> > forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> > Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A long
> > and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> > deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> > And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> > support for 38 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> > 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hebrew, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
> >
> > Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> > success of OpenOffice.
> >
> > An overview of the integrated release issues can be found under:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RC_fixes.html
> >
> > The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> > releases for 38 languages) and further information how to verify and
> > review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 can be found on the following wiki page:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
> >
> > The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1583666! And a
> > fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
> >
> > Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
> >
> > The vote starts now and will be open until:
> >
> >    Sunday evening, 6 April: 2014-04-06 11:00pm UTC.
> >
> > But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> > to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> > members.
> >
> >    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
> >    [ ]  0 Don't care
> >    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
> >

> > (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> > bit is already available.

Yu Zhen

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Liu Ping
+1

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Yuzhen Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [X] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
>
> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Edwin Sharp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 3, 2014, at 10:56, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> > > (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0.
> > >
> > > Apache OpenOffice 4.1 is a minor update with many bugfixes and at least
> > > 2 major improvements. It's the first version where we have the
> > > iAccessibility2 support integrated and available. A very huge step
> > > forward to reach and better support disabled users especially on
> > > Windows. The second improvement is the switch to 64 bit on MacOS. A
> long
> > > and overdue "must do" shift forward to support newer APIs (replace
> > > deprecated APIs)  and platforms on MacOS.
> > > And we can provide again more complete UI translations and have now
> > > support for 38 languages. New languages for this release compared to
> > > 4.0.1 are Bulgarian, Danish, Hebrew, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmal and Thai.
> > >
> > > Apache OpenOffice 4.1 will be a further key milestone to continue the
> > > success of OpenOffice.
> > >
> > > An overview of the integrated release issues can be found under:
> > >

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RC_fixes.html
> > >
> > > The release candidate artifacts (1) (source release, as well as binary
> > > releases for 38 languages) and further information how to verify and
> > > review Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 can be found on the following wiki page:
> > >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
> > >
> > > The RC is based on the release branch AOO410, revision 1583666! And a
> > > fresh and clean RAT scan output of this revision can be found under
> > >

> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html
> > >
> > > Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
> > >
> > > The vote starts now and will be open until:
> > >
> > >    Sunday evening, 6 April: 2014-04-06 11:00pm UTC.
> > >
> > > But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would
> like
> > > to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> > > members.
> > >
> > >    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
> > >    [ ]  0 Don't care
> > >    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...
> > >

> > > (1) the upload for the Linux 32 bit artifacts is still ongoing, but 64
> > > bit is already available.

> Yu Zhen

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Sylvain DENIS-3
+1

      Sylvain DENIS

Conseiller Pédagogique TICE
/Responsable de projets TICE dans le cadre d'École Numérique/
0499 219 802 - [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> |
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
École numérique : http://www.ecolenumerique.be | Pedago-TIC :
http://www.pedago-tic.be | mENTeOS : http://www.menteos.be
Le 04/04/14 15:23, Liu Ping a écrit :

> +1
>

> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Yuzhen Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> [X] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Edwin Sharp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> +1

>> long

>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RC_fixes.html
>>>>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>>>>

>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/milestones/4.1.0-rc/AOO4.1.0_RAT_Scan.html

>> like

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Yu Zhen

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Andre Fischer
On 03.04.2014 09:56, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0.

Another problem came up that looks serious enough so that I would like
to cancel this vote, if nobody objects. Juergen, who started the vote,
is on vacation today, so I need your help to do that.

The problem is described by issue 124599 [1].  Here is a summary:

When you install the RC on Windows then a previously installed version
(3.* and 4.*) is not removed.  For versions 3.* this leads to a parallel
installation (because there are different installation paths).  For
versions 4.* the files of the older version are overwritten but registry
entries and links on the desktop remain. If you install the RC on a
system with no prior installation of AOO then there are no problems.

This problem is caused by my patch related changes and is therefore
restricted to Windows.  Linux and Mac are not affected.

I am currently working on a fix which will probably consist of a small
change in our Perl program for creating the downloadable installer.
That means that it requires an SVN commit and therefore a rebuild on all
platforms.  So,  even if Mac and Linux are not directly affected, they
still have to be rebuilt so that they report the correct SVN revision.

If you don't object to a cancellation of the vote then the current plan
is to provide a fix today, rebuild and upload tomorrow and re-start the
vote on the second RC on sunday or monday depending on how smooth this
process works.

Regards,
Andre

[1] https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=124599

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Hi,

On 04.04.2014 15:57, Andre Fischer wrote:

> On 03.04.2014 09:56, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
>> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0.
>>
> Another problem came up that looks serious enough so that I would like
> to cancel this vote, if nobody objects. Juergen, who started the vote,
> is on vacation today, so I need your help to do that.
>
> The problem is described by issue 124599 [1].  Here is a summary:
>
> When you install the RC on Windows then a previously installed version
> (3.* and 4.*) is not removed.  For versions 3.* this leads to a parallel
> installation (because there are different installation paths).  For
> versions 4.* the files of the older version are overwritten but registry
> entries and links on the desktop remain. If you install the RC on a
> system with no prior installation of AOO then there are no problems.

+1 for cancelling the vote due to the found issue.
The issue would cause confusion to the system and the user.

Best regards, Oliver.

> This problem is caused by my patch related changes and is therefore
> restricted to Windows.  Linux and Mac are not affected.
>
> I am currently working on a fix which will probably consist of a small
> change in our Perl program for creating the downloadable installer. That
> means that it requires an SVN commit and therefore a rebuild on all
> platforms.  So,  even if Mac and Linux are not directly affected, they
> still have to be rebuilt so that they report the correct SVN revision.
>
> If you don't object to a cancellation of the vote then the current plan
> is to provide a fix today, rebuild and upload tomorrow and re-start the
> vote on the second RC on sunday or monday depending on how smooth this
> process works.
>
> Regards,
> Andre
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=124599

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

O.Felka
Am 04.04.2014 15:57, schrieb Andre Fischer:

> Another problem came up that looks serious enough so that I would like
> to cancel this vote, if nobody objects. Juergen, who started the vote,
> is on vacation today, so I need your help to do that.
>
> The problem is described by issue 124599 [1].  Here is a summary:
>

> If you don't object to a cancellation of the vote then the current plan
> is to provide a fix today, rebuild and upload tomorrow and re-start the
> vote on the second RC on sunday or monday depending on how smooth this
> process works.

*1 for the cancellation: AOO should have a working update for older
versions.

Groetjes,
Olaf

> Regards,
> Andre
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=124599

RE: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

V Stuart Foote

Reasonable and prudent,  +1 to stop the vote and respin.

Stuart

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Andrea Pescetti-2
Andre Fischer wrote:
> Another problem came up that looks serious enough so that I would like
> to cancel this vote, if nobody objects.

It is a clear release blocker. I agree that a second Release Candidate
should be prepared. We can then do the right steps for fixing the
process, but the thing we are voting on is clearly not ready for release
based on what you write.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Marcus (OOo)
Am 04/04/2014 06:03 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Andre Fischer wrote:
>> Another problem came up that looks serious enough so that I would like
>> to cancel this vote, if nobody objects.
>
> It is a clear release blocker. I agree that a second Release Candidate
> should be prepared. We can then do the right steps for fixing the
> process, but the thing we are voting on is clearly not ready for release
> based on what you write.

+1 for doing a second round and a RC2.

Marcus

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 (RC)

Rob Weir
On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Andre Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03.04.2014 09:56, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> this is a call for vote on releasing the available release candidate
>> (RC) as Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0.
>>
> Another problem came up that looks serious enough so that I would like to
> cancel this vote, if nobody objects. Juergen, who started the vote, is on
> vacation today, so I need your help to do that.
>
> The problem is described by issue 124599 [1].  Here is a summary:
>
> When you install the RC on Windows then a previously installed version (3.*
> and 4.*) is not removed.  For versions 3.* this leads to a parallel
> installation (because there are different installation paths).  For versions
> 4.* the files of the older version are overwritten but registry entries and
> links on the desktop remain. If you install the RC on a system with no prior
> installation of AOO then there are no problems.
>
> This problem is caused by my patch related changes and is therefore
> restricted to Windows.  Linux and Mac are not affected.
>
> I am currently working on a fix which will probably consist of a small
> change in our Perl program for creating the downloadable installer.  That
> means that it requires an SVN commit and therefore a rebuild on all
> platforms.  So,  even if Mac and Linux are not directly affected, they still
> have to be rebuilt so that they report the correct SVN revision.
>
> If you don't object to a cancellation of the vote then the current plan is
> to provide a fix today, rebuild and upload tomorrow and re-start the vote on
> the second RC on sunday or monday depending on how smooth this process
> works.

That makes sense.  A temporary inconvenience for us now will make
things cleaner for the users.  It may also help us later when trying
to figure out the update logic for AOO 4.1 to 4.2.

-Rob