Value

smithuk
Hello

Is the Apache Open Office really free?

If things look to good to be true, they most likely are.

Will it work on Windows 10, ryzen 5 1400, 8 gig memory?

Paul
Sent from my Android device with Email Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Re: Value

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 19:05:23 +0930
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is the Apache Open Office really free?

Yes

> If things look to good to be true, they most likely are.

It costs nothing to try it.  Be aware that while it is substantially functionally equivalent to MS Office, it is _NOT_ an MS Office clone and there can be a learning curve, especially if you wish to extend its functionality with macros, as the macro engine is completely different.

> Will it work on Windows 10, ryzen 5 1400, 8 gig memory?

It runs on all versions of Windows.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Value

Alan Pearce

Absolutely! I use it on Win 10 successfully.

Alan.
Sent from Samsung tablet

Sent from my Android device with Email Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Re: Value

zahra a
hello.
from readme file:

Is OpenOffice really free for any user?
OpenOffice is free for use by everybody. You may take this copy of
OpenOffice and install it on as many computers as you like, and use it
for any purpose you like (including commercial, government, public
administration and educational use). For further details see the
license text delivered together with OpenOffice or
http://www.openoffice.org/license.html
Why is OpenOffice free for any user?
You can use this copy of OpenOffice today free of charge because
individual contributors and corporate sponsors have designed,
developed, tested, translated, documented, supported, marketed, and
helped in many other ways to make OpenOffice what it is today - the
world's leading open-source office software.
If you appreciate their efforts, and would like to ensure Apache
OpenOffice continues into the future, please consider contributing to
the project - see http://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html for
details on contributing time and
http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html for details on
donations. Everyone has a contribution to make.

hope that help, God bless you!

On 9/18/17, Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 19:05:23 +0930
> [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Is the Apache Open Office really free?
>
> Yes
>
>> If things look to good to be true, they most likely are.
>
> It costs nothing to try it.  Be aware that while it is substantially
> functionally equivalent to MS Office, it is _NOT_ an MS Office clone and
> there can be a learning curve, especially if you wish to extend its
> functionality with macros, as the macro engine is completely different.
>>
>> Will it work on Windows 10, ryzen 5 1400, 8 gig memory?
>
> It runs on all versions of Windows.
>

>> Paul
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: Value

James Knott
On 09/18/2017 05:35 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is the Apache Open Office really free?
>
> If things look to good to be true, they most likely are.
>
> Will it work on Windows 10, ryzen 5 1400, 8 gig memory?

Yes it is free to use on as many computers as you wish.  You can use it
for personal or business purposes.  Yes, it runs on Windows 10.

Just make sure you download it from www.openoffice.org, as there are
some sites where they'll charge you for it or load it with crapware.

Re: Value

James Knott
On 09/18/2017 06:18 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> It runs on all versions of Windows.

3.1?  ;-)

Re: Value

Isaac Schrader
Openoffice is free.

________________________________

Sent from my Android device with Email Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Re: Value

jonathon-3
On 09/18/2017 12:51 PM, James Knott wrote:
> On 09/18/2017 06:18 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>> It runs on all versions of Windows.
>
> 3.1?  ;-)

That depends upon which version of which DOS clone one uses.

I don't know if it was ever publicly released, but Novel did beta test a
version of DrDOS that, when run with either WFWG or Win 3.0, gave the
setup the functional equivalent to Windows 95.

jonathon

Re: Value

James Knott
On 09/19/2017 09:51 PM, jonathon wrote:

> On 09/18/2017 12:51 PM, James Knott wrote:
>> On 09/18/2017 06:18 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>>> It runs on all versions of Windows.
>> 3.1?  ;-)
> That depends upon which version of which DOS clone one uses.
>
> I don't know if it was ever publicly released, but Novel did beta test a
> version of DrDOS that, when run with either WFWG or Win 3.0, gave the
> setup the functional equivalent to Windows 95.

I don't recall that.  Way back then, I was at IBM Canada, supporting
OS/2, Windows 95 and NT, with some DOS stuff thrown in too.  With 16 bit
Windows, which includes everything up to Windows moron edition, but not
NT, 2000 etc., DOS was actually used for very little.  Most of the
functionality of Windows came from Windows.  I do recall that DR-DOS was
superior to MS-DOS in many ways and that Gary Kildall proved in court
that MS-DOS contained some "borrowed" CP/M code.