Verified publisher

Pedro Lino-3
Hi all

I understand that to solve this issue requires playing by Microsoft's rules but given that the majority of OpenOffice users are on the Windows OS, wouldn't it make the installer more reliable? (maybe the same applies to Apple...)

Please see the photos on this publication I just created
https://imgur.com/a/qwTcpgm

How much does such a certification cost? Can we crowdfund it?

Regards,
Pedro

Re: Verified publisher

Peter Kovacs-4
We are already working on the verification for Apple. They call it notarization.

ASF can provide MSN accounts if the volunteer uses those.
So i assume we need only to check what we need to do and volunteers describing and following the procedure.

Am 25. Oktober 2019 00:11:46 MESZ schrieb Pedro Lino <[hidden email]>:

>Hi all
>
>I understand that to solve this issue requires playing by Microsoft's
>rules but given that the majority of OpenOffice users are on the
>Windows OS, wouldn't it make the installer more reliable? (maybe the
>same applies to Apple...)
>
>Please see the photos on this publication I just created
>https://imgur.com/a/qwTcpgm
>
>How much does such a certification cost? Can we crowdfund it?
>
>Regards,
>Pedro

Re: Verified publisher

Pedro Lino-3
Ok. So this means that the person producing the Windows official builds (i.e. Matthias in CC) needs to sign the binaries using an MSN verified account
I think this is quite important and should be documented (maybe it already is?)

Thanks!

All the best,
Pedro