Version Numbers in source code

Carl Marcum
Hi All,

I'm working on using Ant to build javadocs and package Java sources of
some of the UNO libs.
I need to include a version number in the name of the jar file like
"jurt-4.5.0-javadoc.jar"
so I'd like to set a version property in main/ant.properties to use.

I haven't been able to find where the 4.5.0 version string is obtained
that is used throughout the build.
Is it derived from the UPD=450 environment variable or another way?

 From what I can tell:

1. RSCVERSION=450 is originally set in main/solenv/inc/minor.mk
2. main/configure.ac sets UPD from main/solenv/inc/minor.mk
3. ant.properties is created by main/set_soenv (set_soenv.in) that uses
the UPD var.

But I'm at a dead end on the conversion of 4.5.0 from 450 if that's
where it comes from.

I don't want to make an assumption of single digits for
major.minor.maintenance unless that's the case.

Thanks,
Carl

Re: Version Numbers in source code

Damjan Jovanovic
Hi

I don't think we ever convert 450 to 4.5.0. Where do you see that?

Damjan

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 3:40 PM Carl Marcum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm working on using Ant to build javadocs and package Java sources of
> some of the UNO libs.
> I need to include a version number in the name of the jar file like
> "jurt-4.5.0-javadoc.jar"
> so I'd like to set a version property in main/ant.properties to use.
>
> I haven't been able to find where the 4.5.0 version string is obtained
> that is used throughout the build.
> Is it derived from the UPD=450 environment variable or another way?
>
>  From what I can tell:
>
> 1. RSCVERSION=450 is originally set in main/solenv/inc/minor.mk
> 2. main/configure.ac sets UPD from main/solenv/inc/minor.mk
> 3. ant.properties is created by main/set_soenv (set_soenv.in) that uses
> the UPD var.
>
> But I'm at a dead end on the conversion of 4.5.0 from 450 if that's
> where it comes from.
>
> I don't want to make an assumption of single digits for
> major.minor.maintenance unless that's the case.
>
> Thanks,
> Carl

Re: Version Numbers in source code

Carl Marcum
Hi Damjan,

On 3/15/20 1:50 PM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Hi
>
> I don't think we ever convert 450 to 4.5.0. Where do you see that?
>
> Damjan

I don't see it.

That was just an assumption on my part since I can't find a variable set
to 4.5.0 and that string turns up all through build text and in the
built binary filenames.

I'm looking for where the 4.5.0 string comes from.

Someone has to set something when we bump a version but I don't know where.

Thanks,
Carl

Re: Version Numbers in source code

Marcus (OOo)
Am 15.03.20 um 19:54 schrieb Carl Marcum:

> On 3/15/20 1:50 PM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
>>
>> I don't think we ever convert 450 to 4.5.0. Where do you see that?
>>
> I don't see it.
>
> That was just an assumption on my part since I can't find a variable set
> to 4.5.0 and that string turns up all through build text and in the
> built binary filenames.
>
> I'm looking for where the 4.5.0 string comes from.
>
> Someone has to set something when we bump a version but I don't know where.

please have a look into the devtools in the source code repo. There is a
script collection that actually bumps up to a new version number [1].

[1] .../devtools/updateVersion/...

I hope this is helpful for you.

Marcus

Re: Version Numbers in source code

Carl Marcum
Hi Marcus,

> please have a look into the devtools in the source code repo. There is
> a script collection that actually bumps up to a new version number [1].
>
> [1] .../devtools/updateVersion/...
>
> I hope this is helpful for you.
>
> Marcus

That helps a lot.

It gives me a few files I can look into and get the variable.

Not sure how I missed them.  Must have been something wrong with my grep :)

Thanks,
Carl