Very possible problem

Joost Andrae-2
Hi,

within the last two or three weeks I experienced an issue within the
Writer component:

When selecting a table within Writer that has been copied from an HTML
source and the document has been stored in ODF format before (reloasded
document) then the application exits with an error message.

Unfortunately I cannot provide an example document because the one I
have is somehow confidential.

Maybe this is something Oliver-Rainer could take a look at...please...

Kind regards, Joost

Re: Very possible problem

Howard Cary Morris
Here is an html you can use to test.
First copy contents of zip file into a regular director and then open 'Arithmetic.html'.

Notice among other things that when copying tables, boundaries and background images  are lost.
(Not sure if open office supports background images, but is should honor background images.).

The html contains where page breaks should occur, not being honored (may because it is being copied from a browser screen). However, where there are 'page breaks', the screen version often has line separators and they are not showing up either (probably because they are defined as boundaries.

At least one table, the font was changed to Courier New, and that was not honored.

An imbedded html <IFRAME> didn't seem to work at all.

Something else that may not be supported by open office. I had a table of contents that was clickable that would change where you were looking in the document. It got changed to opening the original html in a browser and focusing it at that point. That should never occur with an anchor to another place in the same document.

Centering was not honored.
Some indents were not honored in <td>.

Did not know how to handle an inline table (not sure open office has an equivalent, though open frame is close).

When I tried opening the html with open office directly. Some things were better. others worse.
It found the <meta> last modified tag, but not the author tag.

PS. I volunteered to improve html generated from open office. I would be willing to look at this to. By the way, where do I look.

Howard Morris

Pamphlet.zip (217K) Download Attachment

Re: Very possible problem

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 25/05/2014 Howard Morris (aka Col_Boogie) wrote:
> PS. I volunteered to improve html generated from open office. I would be
> willing to look at this to. By the way, where do I look.

Here:
https://archive.fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/improving_the_xhtml_export_filter/
(note: the video is a mistake and it's another presentation, by Jan).

But first you will need to build your own copy of OpenOffice:
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html

Regards,
   Andrea.