Was saving now it does not

Kathi Holmes
Message I get;

Regarding Open Office 4. Did you do something? It is now saving. Once
before it saved and then quit. History: when I went to save documents in
open office 4, I got the error message: input/output error on saving.  Due
to this Open office would not save documents in any application. Is this
now enough information for you?

Re: Was saving now it does not

Martin Groenescheij

On 3/10/18 9:14 am, Kathi Holmes wrote:
> Message I get;
>
> Regarding Open Office 4. Did you do something?

We can't do something on your computer.

> It is now saving.

Than your problem is solved.

> Once
> before it saved and then quit.

That's history.

> History: when I went to save documents in
> open office 4, I got the error message: input/output error on saving.  Due
> to this Open office would not save documents in any application. Is this
> now enough information for you?
It's information, but I have no idea what to do with this information

Re: Was saving now it does not

Kathi Holmes
It is not saving again. I am about ready to go to give up and use another program.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 2, 2018, at 7:39 PM, Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 3/10/18 9:14 am, Kathi Holmes wrote:
>> Message I get;
>>
>> Regarding Open Office 4. Did you do something?
>
> We can't do something on your computer.
>
>> It is now saving.
>
> Than your problem is solved.
>
>> Once
>> before it saved and then quit.
>
> That's history.
>
>> History: when I went to save documents in
>> open office 4, I got the error message: input/output error on saving.  Due
>> to this Open office would not save documents in any application. Is this
>> now enough information for you?
> It's information, but I have no idea what to do with this information

Re: Was saving now it does not

Felmon Davis
On Wed, 3 Oct 2018, Kathi Holmes wrote:

> It is not saving again. I am about ready to go to give up and use another program.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

according to this webpage
<https://www.openoffice.org/documentation/HOW_TO/misc/Troubleshooting_guide.html#7.General%20error%20or%20General%20input/output%20error%20|outline>

the error betokens corruption of some important files, specifically
script.xlc and dialog.xlc. it gives some instructions on how to fix
this. I don't recall if you are under Windows or not.

they say for Windows

-----

copy from C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org<release>\presets\basic

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application
Data\OpenOffice.org<release>\user\basic

-----

try that and see if it helps; if you have difficulty doing this, drop
the list a line and someone can help.

I do hope this resolves the problem!

f.

>> On Oct 2, 2018, at 7:39 PM, Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On 3/10/18 9:14 am, Kathi Holmes wrote:
>>> Message I get;
>>>
>>> Regarding Open Office 4. Did you do something?
>>
>> We can't do something on your computer.
>>
>>> It is now saving.
>>
>> Than your problem is solved.
>>
>>> Once
>>> before it saved and then quit.
>>
>> That's history.
>>
>>> History: when I went to save documents in
>>> open office 4, I got the error message: input/output error on saving.  Due
>>> to this Open office would not save documents in any application. Is this
>>> now enough information for you?
>> It's information, but I have no idea what to do with this information

Felmon Davis
Schenectady, NY