We need to draft a release announcement

Rob Weir
Juergen posted a note to the dev list proposing that the project vote
on the new release and aim to publicly release it next Tuesday (a week
from today).

I volunteered to help coordinate the announcement blog post.

Here is one idea of what we could do:

Apache OpenOffice now available in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean,
Polish, Basque, Asturian and Scottish Gaelic
The Apache OpenOffice project is pleased to announce the immediate
availability of Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 in 8 new translations:
Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Korean, Polish, Basque,
Asturian and Scottish Gaelic.

The [award winning] Apache OpenOffice 3.4 product, [downloaded over 33
million times], already supports US English, German, Japanese, Czech,
French, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified and Traditional
Chinese, Gallician, Arabic, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian, Khmer,
Finnish, British English, Slovenian, Slovak languages.

Users can download the new translations [from our website].   Apache
OpenOffice 3.4.1 is available on Windows, MacOS and Linux.   The
[Release Notes] contain important information for those upgrading from
earlier versions.

Warm thanks and applause go to the many translators who worked on
these translations.  With your help we can support even more languages
in our next release, Apache OpenOffice 4.0.  Anyone interested in
volunteering is encouraged to [consult our webpage] for information on
how to get involved.

Note:  The text I have put [in square brackets] will become
hyperlinks.  So when translating, please keep this in mind.

If possible I'd love for the blog post to contain 8 translations of
this short announcement.  Of course, I need everyone's help to do
this.

Also, I'd like translations of a short announcement, suitable for
Twitter, Facebook, etc.

So a translation of:  "The free office suite Apache OpenOffice now
available in XXX" where XXX is your language.

Thanks!

-Rob

Re: We need to draft a release announcement

Andrea Pescetti-2
Rob Weir wrote:
> The [award winning] Apache OpenOffice 3.4 product, [downloaded over 33
> million times], already supports US English, German, Japanese, Czech,
> French, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified and Traditional
> Chinese, Gallician,

Galician

> Warm thanks and applause go to the many translators who worked on
> these translations.

I'd link [many translators] to either
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Respin+for+additional+languages
or
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Localization+Volunteers

> If possible I'd love for the blog post to contain 8 translations of
> this short announcement.

Good idea, it would be very nice to have it translated! Or at least to
have a shorter announcement available in the 8 languages.

Regards,
   Andrea.