What Open Office version do I use?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What Open Office version do I use?

Rick Spencer
I have a MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Is there an Open Office version that will work with my Mac?
What version works with my Mac?

Thank you,

Rick

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What Open Office version do I use?

Keith N. McKenna
On 2/19/2021 12:21 PM, Rick Spencer wrote:
> I have a MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
> Is there an Open Office version that will work with my Mac?
> What version works with my Mac?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Rick
>
Rick;

Our latest version 4.1.9 will work just fine on High Sierra.You should
only download it from here: https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html.

As you are not subscribed to the list I have cc'd you as a courtesy.
Please reply only to [hidden email].

Regards
Keith


signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What Open Office version do I use?

william avellino
Hi Keith - asking here because cannot find my blog question of about a week ago (no reply)

Have Mac Big Sur 11.1.
Tried to upgrade open office from 4.1.6 to 4.1.9 but get following message (used your recommended download site):



can you direct me somewhere?

Thanks,
Bill

On Feb 19, 2021, at 12:41 PM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 2/19/2021 12:21 PM, Rick Spencer wrote:
I have a MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Is there an Open Office version that will work with my Mac?
What version works with my Mac?

Thank you,

Rick

Rick;

Our latest version 4.1.9 will work just fine on High Sierra.You should
only download it from here: https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html.

As you are not subscribed to the list I have cc'd you as a courtesy.
Please reply only to [hidden email].

Regards
Keith


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What Open Office version do I use?

Martin Groenescheij-2


On 20/02/2021 19:34, william avellino wrote:
Hi Keith - asking here because cannot find my blog question of about a week ago (no reply)

Have Mac Big Sur 11.1.
Tried to upgrade open office from 4.1.6 to 4.1.9 but get following message (used your recommended download site):



can you direct me somewhere?


Go to the Release Notes  and scroll down to Known Issues.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.9+Release+Notes


Thanks,
Bill

On Feb 19, 2021, at 12:41 PM, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 2/19/2021 12:21 PM, Rick Spencer wrote:
I have a MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Is there an Open Office version that will work with my Mac?
What version works with my Mac?

Thank you,

Rick

Rick;

Our latest version 4.1.9 will work just fine on High Sierra.You should
only download it from here: https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html.

As you are not subscribed to the list I have cc'd you as a courtesy.
Please reply only to [hidden email].

Regards
Keith


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What Open Office version do I use?

Czesław Wolański
In reply to this post by Rick Spencer
Hi William,

AOO 4.1.9. Release Notes

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.9+Release+Notes

Please see section "For macOS users"


You might also find useful "[Tutorial] Mac FAQ"

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89283

section "Q05: MacOS won't let me run OpenOffice. I get the message below.
How do I proceed?"

Hope this helps.
Czesław