What going on - can't open office

outlook_CD2A33B7C66B8935@outlook.com

I paid for office; now having problem getting my data. What’s up?

James Davis

Re: What going on - can't open office

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 31 May 2018 13:05:09 +0000
"[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I paid for office; now having problem getting my data. What’s up?
>
> James Davis

Office is a Microsoft product (commercial); as you have posted to the OpenOffice Users list, I presume you mean OpenOffice.

OpenOffice is a _free_ product and can be downloaded as such from
http://www.openoffice.org/download/

It is not unusual for unscrupulous persons to sell it, promising support, which support may merely be a (re)direction to the users mailing list or one of the user support forums.

In the absence of more detailed information I assume you are using MS Windows as your operating system.  Try starting TaskManager (Ctrl Shify Esc_ and kill all "soffice" processes shown on TM's tabs.  If there are any such, OpenOffice should then open correctly on next attempt.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>