What's up in OO3.0 ?

brendel
Hello everybody,

there are several webpages on Openoffice.org that promise wonderfull
things for the upcoming 3.0 release concerning the bibliographic
features :
    *   Basic API & UNO support for bibliographic enhancements
        http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Bibliographic/Developer_Page#
    1st_Stage.2C_Bibliographic_Facility_Redevelopment
    * New field type to support formatted text
        http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Bibliographic/Writer_enhancem
    ents_for_OOBib#Enhanced_Bookmark_Function_to_Include_Formatted_Text
    * Bibliographic enhancements Stage 2
        http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Bibliographic/Developer_Page#
    2nd_Stage_Bibliographic_Facility_Redevelopment

I haven't downloaded OO3.0 beta2 yet, but I had a look at the release
notes and haven't found anything on the bibliogrpahic enhancements.
Has anybody tested OO3.0 ?
Or has anybody more information on the roadmap for bibliographic
enhancements ??

any information is appreciated

all the best

Oliver

Re: What's up in OO3.0 ?

David Wilson-8
Oliver,

        It is I who wrote those pages as suggestions as how the bibliographic enhancements could be implemented if we could find developers willing to the work. The bibliographic project has not been able to find its own developers (other than Bruce's important work on the citation scripting engine) so we are dependent upon the work schedule of the Sun OOo developers. Mathias Bauer told me they are currently implementing Metadata support (including bibliographic metadata) the load/save/API, "hopefully for 3.0". So far there has been no commitment yet for any further work such as the user interface to support the new bibliographic metadata API.

You should consider those web pages as a hope rather than a promise.

regards

David Wilson