When will the blog post be published?

Jörg Schmidt-2
Hello,

Am I overlooking the publication of the blog post or is it still unpublished?

imho:
Dave said it correctly in his email that the consensus was to publish the blog post first (and work on the new release in parallel):

"I think that there is consensus to publish the blog post by Monday.

After that it will be time to start preparing 4.1.9 release notes."

Or does that no longer apply? Why?

Jörg

Re: When will the blog post be published?

Marcus (OOo)
Am 06.01.21 um 08:45 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:

> Am I overlooking the publication of the blog post or is it still unpublished?
>
> imho:
> Dave said it correctly in his email that the consensus was to publish the blog post first (and work on the new release in parallel):
>
> "I think that there is consensus to publish the blog post by Monday.
>
> After that it will be time to start preparing 4.1.9 release notes."
>

> Or does that no longer apply? Why?

good question.

Is the text ready?
Patricia said already it's OK from the lanuage perspective.

However, I would exchange the last sentence as it really doesn't fit
anymore:

"We wish you a peaceful year-end."

with

"We wish you a good and healthy start into the new year."

Any other comemnts?

Thanks

Marcus

Re: When will the blog post be published?

Peter Kovacs-3

On 06.01.21 19:21, Marcus wrote:

> Am 06.01.21 um 08:45 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
>> Am I overlooking the publication of the blog post or is it still
>> unpublished?
>>
>> imho:
>> Dave said it correctly in his email that the consensus was to publish
>> the blog post first (and work on the new release in parallel):
>>
>> "I think that there is consensus to publish the blog post by Monday.
>>
>> After that it will be time to start preparing 4.1.9 release notes."
>>

>> Or does that no longer apply? Why?
>
> good question.
>
> Is the text ready?
> Patricia said already it's OK from the lanuage perspective.
>
> However, I would exchange the last sentence as it really doesn't fit
> anymore:
>
> "We wish you a peaceful year-end."
>
> with
>
> "We wish you a good and healthy start into the new year."
>
> Any other comemnts?
Yea looks good. Lets get the message out.

Am 06.01.21 um 19:41 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

> On 06.01.21 19:21, Marcus wrote:
>> Am 06.01.21 um 08:45 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
>>> Am I overlooking the publication of the blog post or is it still
>>> unpublished?
>>>
>>> imho:
>>> Dave said it correctly in his email that the consensus was to publish
>>> the blog post first (and work on the new release in parallel):
>>>
>>> "I think that there is consensus to publish the blog post by Monday.
>>>
>>> After that it will be time to start preparing 4.1.9 release notes."
>>>

>>> Or does that no longer apply? Why?
>>
>> good question.
>>
>> Is the text ready?
>> Patricia said already it's OK from the lanuage perspective.
>>
>> However, I would exchange the last sentence as it really doesn't fit
>> anymore:
>>
>> "We wish you a peaceful year-end."
>>
>> with
>>
>> "We wish you a good and healthy start into the new year."
>>
>> Any other comemnts?
> Yea looks good. Lets get the message out.

ok, the blog post is now online:
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/new-release-for-apple-s

Marcus

Re: When will the blog post be published?

Dave Fisher-2

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 6, 2021, at 3:32 PM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am 06.01.21 um 19:41 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

>>> good question.
>>>
>>> Is the text ready?
>>> Patricia said already it's OK from the lanuage perspective.
>>>
>>> However, I would exchange the last sentence as it really doesn't fit anymore:
>>>
>>> "We wish you a peaceful year-end."
>>>
>>> with
>>>
>>> "We wish you a good and healthy start into the new year."
>>>
>>> Any other comemnts?
>> Yea looks good. Lets get the message out.
>
> ok, the blog post is now online:
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/new-release-for-apple-s

Thank you. I’ve been distracted today.

Regards,
Dave

> Marcus

RE: When will the blog post be published?

Jörg Schmidt-2

Many thanks, to all involved.

But one small detail:
Why suddenly "dev-AT-openoffice.apache-DOT-org." instead of "[hidden email]." as in the draft?

Am 07.01.21 um 01:01 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:

> [...]

this is the mail address scrambler as it is used by default in the
Roller blog software.

Marcus