Where Should a Template be Stored ?

VinceB.

AOO 4.1.3 on WIN10 desktop

I have just created a "template" based on an existing AOO Calc
document.  Into which folder should this (/Bowling Score Data
Template/)*.ots* file be stored such that is shows up in the Listing of
Templates ?  Is the appropriate folder :
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\template ?

At present, I have the target file stored on my desktop and on a thumb
drive.  Is there an easy way to "import" the target file to the
appropriate folder?

Regards,

VinceB.

Re: Where Should a Template be Stored ?

Martin Groenescheij

On 31/12/17 7:48 AM, WA.TWORSX via AOL wrote:

> AOO 4.1.3 on WIN10 desktop

> I have just created a "template" based on an existing AOO Calc
> document.  Into which folder should this (/Bowling Score Data
> Template/)*.ots* file be stored such that is shows up in the Listing
> of Templates ?  Is the appropriate folder :
> C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\template ?

Why should you worry, let the system take care of it
Save your template with File -> Templates -> Save  and give it a
meaningful name.
And yes it stores it in the directory you mentioned.

> At present, I have the target file stored on my desktop and on a thumb
> drive.  Is there an easy way to "import" the target file to the
> appropriate folder?

Yes there is an easy way, they call it Copy&Paste

> Regards,
>
> VinceB.

Re: Where Should a Template be Stored ?

Brian Barker
At 15:48 30/12/2017 -0500, Vince Bonly wrote:
>I have just created a "template" based on an existing AOO Calc
>document. Into which folder should this (/Bowling Score Data
>Template/)*.ots* file be stored such that is shows up in the Listing
>of Templates ? Is the appropriate folder :
>C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\template ?

Yes - but why go the long way around when there is a technique built
into the product?

>At present, I have the target file stored on my desktop and on a
>thumb drive. Is there an easy way to "import" the target file to the
>appropriate folder?

Yup:
o Go to File | Templates > | Organise... .
o Open (or just select) My Templates.
o Click Commands | Import Template...
o Browse to and open your template file.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker