Where can I find a Spanish (Spain) dictionary that is compatible with OpenOffice Writer 4.1.1?

Where can I find a Spanish (Spain) dictionary that is compatible with OpenOffice Writer 4.1.1?

Miguel Teixeira
[image: MailTag]Hi,

I need to find a Spanish (Spain) dictionary that is compatible with
OpenOffice Writer 4.1.1.

The only Spanish dictionary available on your website seems to be this one:
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/spanish-espanol
<https://app.mailtag.io/link-event?url=https%3A%2F%2Fextensions.openoffice.org%2Fen%2Fproject%2Fspanish-espanol%26id%3Ded1dc282-e21b-11e7-936d-06fc3a4abb7e>

However, this dictionary is compatible with OpenOffice versions 3.0, 3.1,
3.2, 3.3, 3.4. Also, the last release of this dictionary was long ago on
Sep-2009. I'm using Windows 8.1 at 64 bits.

I have urgency to find a Spanish (Spain) dictionary because I need to
translate my CV from English to Spanish as soon as possible.

Best,
Miguel

[image: MailTag]  Sent with MailTag <undefined>

Re: Where can I find a Spanish (Spain) dictionary that is compatible with OpenOffice Writer 4.1.1?

Miguel Teixeira
[image: MailTag]Hi,

As I have urgency to translate from English to Spanish, on the Extension
Manager, I added the Spanish (Spain) dictionary (file "es_es.oxt") that I
mentioned in my previous message.

However, the spell checker is not working for Spanish.

After having followed these steps, none of the words of my document are
underlined in red:
- On Tools > Language > For all text, I choose "Spanish (Spain)".
- On Format > Character, on the drop down "Language", I choose "Spanish
(Spain)" but it doesn't show the blue check mark like it should;

Right after doing this, and to confirm that my OpenOffice Writer is working
correctly, I switch to dictionary "English (USA)" (shows a blue check mark)
and I confirmed that the spell checker was working fine for this English
dictionary.

*How can I make the spell checker working for the Spanish (Spain)
dictionary or how can I find another Spanish (Spain) dictionary that is
compatible with OpenOffice Writer 4.1.1?*

Best,
Miguel

[image: MailTag]  Sent with MailTag <http://www.mailtag.io>

On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 4:45 AM, Miguel Teixeira <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [image: MailTag]Hi,
>
> I need to find a Spanish (Spain) dictionary that is compatible with
> OpenOffice Writer 4.1.1.
>
> The only Spanish dictionary available on your website seems to be this
> one: https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/spanish-espanol
> <https://app.mailtag.io/link-event?url=https%3A%2F%2Fextensions.openoffice.org%2Fen%2Fproject%2Fspanish-espanol%26id%3Ded1dc282-e21b-11e7-936d-06fc3a4abb7e>
>
> However, this dictionary is compatible with OpenOffice versions 3.0, 3.1,
> 3.2, 3.3, 3.4. Also, the last release of this dictionary was long ago on
> Sep-2009. I'm using Windows 8.1 at 64 bits.
>
> I have urgency to find a Spanish (Spain) dictionary because I need to
> translate my CV from English to Spanish as soon as possible.
>
> Best,
> Miguel
>
> [image: MailTag]  Sent with MailTag <http://undefined>

Re: Where can I find a Spanish (Spain) dictionary that is compatible with OpenOffice Writer 4.1.1?

Andrea Pescetti-2
Miguel Teixeira wrote:
> *How can I make the spell checker working for the Spanish (Spain)
> dictionary or how can I find another Spanish (Spain) dictionary that is
> compatible with OpenOffice Writer 4.1.1?*

The dictionary we bundle with the Spanish version is this one:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoo-extensions/files/1657/4/es_es.oxt/download
(click on the link, wait a few seconds for the download to begin, save
the .oxt file and open it from within Writer with File - Open).

You may want to exit and restart OpenOffice to ensure the new
configuration is applied. If this still doesn't work, you may want to
reset your user profile and you will easily find instructions on how to
do that at http://forum.openoffice.org/

Regards,
   Andrea.