Why the change to the OpenOffice document icons?

Why the change to the OpenOffice document icons?

brian
The newer icons that I am referring to are devoid of color, just black white with a slight blue ODF badge.

What was wrong with the more colorful document icons that we have been using for years?
Those icons were useful and recognizable which is not true of the current icons.

The current icons are generic and unfinished. They look like they are from a beta-level product which has not been thoroughly designed.
Worse yet, in their smaller version, say 16 x 16 pixels, they are  indistinguishable from each other.

I would like the older icons back.

If there is some distinguishing Sun trademark such as an S or something in the icon, just flatten out the shape, keep the color.

- Brian