Wiki Account

Jungi Hong
Hello,

I am interested in opening a wiki account. I propose the username: darthdj31

The email would be [hidden email].

Best regards,

Jungi

Re: Wiki Account

Matthias Seidel
Has anyone answered to Jungi?!

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 30.04.20 um 19:48 schrieb Jungi Hong:

> Hello,
>
> I am interested in opening a wiki account. I propose the username: darthdj31
>
> The email would be [hidden email].
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jungi

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Wiki Account

Peter Kovacs-3
I am not able to process an account opening.

> Has anyone answered to Jungi?!
>
> Regards,
>
>     Matthias
>
> Am 30.04.20 um 19:48 schrieb Jungi Hong:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am interested in opening a wiki account. I propose the username: darthdj31
>>
>> The email would be [hidden email].
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Jungi

Re: Wiki Account

Matthias Seidel
Someone must have the rights...
Otherwise this is just another unpleasant situation.

Anyone?

Am 16.05.20 um 12:27 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

> I am not able to process an account opening.

>> Has anyone answered to Jungi?!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>     Matthias
>>
>> Am 30.04.20 um 19:48 schrieb Jungi Hong:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am interested in opening a wiki account. I propose the username:
>>> darthdj31
>>>
>>> The email would be [hidden email].
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Jungi

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Wiki Account

Patricia Shanahan
I think we need to make a list of powers the PMC chair should have. That
should include adding administrators etc. for all the OpenOffice
resources. Part of handing over the chair should be making the new chair
administrator for each resource.

On 5/16/2020 3:29 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Someone must have the rights...
> Otherwise this is just another unpleasant situation.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Am 16.05.20 um 12:27 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> I am not able to process an account opening.

>>> Has anyone answered to Jungi?!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>      Matthias

https://www.avg.com

Re: Wiki Account

Peter Kovacs-3
+1, very good Idea!

Am 16.05.20 um 13:59 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:

> I think we need to make a list of powers the PMC chair should have.
> That should include adding administrators etc. for all the OpenOffice
> resources. Part of handing over the chair should be making the new
> chair administrator for each resource.
>
> On 5/16/2020 3:29 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Someone must have the rights...
>> Otherwise this is just another unpleasant situation.
>>
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Am 16.05.20 um 12:27 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> I am not able to process an account opening.

Re: Wiki Account

Carl Marcum
That's a good idea.

Also a list of who currently has what karma would be helpful if it
doesn't exist already or another means to find it.

I think Keith mentioned in another thread that he was an admin in the mwiki.

Thanks,
Carl

> I think we need to make a list of powers the PMC chair should have.
> That should include adding administrators etc. for all the OpenOffice
> resources. Part of handing over the chair should be making the new
> chair administrator for each resource.
>
> On 5/16/2020 3:29 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Someone must have the rights...
>> Otherwise this is just another unpleasant situation.
>>
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Am 16.05.20 um 12:27 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> I am not able to process an account opening.

Re: Wiki Account

Matthias Seidel
Hi Carl,

Am 16.05.20 um 15:31 schrieb Carl Marcum:
> That's a good idea.
>
> Also a list of who currently has what karma would be helpful if it
> doesn't exist already or another means to find it.

Something like this (needs some more update)?

https://openoffice.apache.org/pmc-faqs.html

Regards,

   Matthias

> I think Keith mentioned in another thread that he was an admin in the
> mwiki.
>
> Thanks,
> Carl
>
> On 5/16/20 7:59 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> I think we need to make a list of powers the PMC chair should have.
>> That should include adding administrators etc. for all the OpenOffice
>> resources. Part of handing over the chair should be making the new
>> chair administrator for each resource.
>>
>> On 5/16/2020 3:29 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>> Someone must have the rights...
>>> Otherwise this is just another unpleasant situation.
>>>
>>> Anyone?

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Wiki Account

Carl Marcum
Hi Matthias,

That's perfect :)

Best regards,
Carl

On 5/16/20 9:40 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> Am 16.05.20 um 15:31 schrieb Carl Marcum:
>> That's a good idea.
>>
>> Also a list of who currently has what karma would be helpful if it
>> doesn't exist already or another means to find it.
> Something like this (needs some more update)?
>
> https://openoffice.apache.org/pmc-faqs.html
>
> Regards,
>
>     Matthias
>
>> I think Keith mentioned in another thread that he was an admin in the
>> mwiki.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Carl
>>
>> On 5/16/20 7:59 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>>> I think we need to make a list of powers the PMC chair should have.
>>> That should include adding administrators etc. for all the OpenOffice
>>> resources. Part of handing over the chair should be making the new
>>> chair administrator for each resource.

Karma management (Was Re: Wiki Account)

Patricia Shanahan
I would like the following as a general system, with exceptions for
particular resources if there is a good reason:

The PMC chair is always an admin. Making the PMC chair an admin should
be part of the hand over process when we change chairs.

There should be at least one other admin, preferably someone who is
active on the resource.

Other people get whatever permissions make sense for what they are
doing, but it should be easy to change, given at least two active admins.

On 5/16/2020 6:56 AM, Carl Marcum wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> That's perfect :)
>
> Best regards,
> Carl
>
> On 5/16/20 9:40 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi Carl,
>>
>> Am 16.05.20 um 15:31 schrieb Carl Marcum:
>>> That's a good idea.
>>>
>>> Also a list of who currently has what karma would be helpful if it
>>> doesn't exist already or another means to find it.
>> Something like this (needs some more update)?
>>
>> https://openoffice.apache.org/pmc-faqs.html
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>     Matthias
>>
>>> I think Keith mentioned in another thread that he was an admin in the
>>> mwiki.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Carl

Re: Karma management (Was Re: Wiki Account)

Keith N. McKenna

> I would like the following as a general system, with exceptions for
> particular resources if there is a good reason:
>
> The PMC chair is always an admin. Making the PMC chair an admin should
> be part of the hand over process when we change chairs.
>
> There should be at least one other admin, preferably someone who is
> active on the resource.
>
> Other people get whatever permissions make sense for what they are
> doing, but it should be easy to change, given at least two active admins.
>
> On 5/16/2020 6:56 AM, Carl Marcum wrote:
<snip>
Patricia;

There are currently at least 3 active members of the community that are
admins on the mwiki: Andreas, Kay Schenk, and myself.
Regards
Keith