Will I Lose My Files

Frank Guasto
If I update/download the new version of OpenOffice, will I lose any files or spreadsheets I’ve Created?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Will I Lose My Files

David Belina-2
NO

On September 23, 2019 at 9:03:25 AM, Frank Guasto ([hidden email]) wrote:

If I update/download the new version of OpenOffice, will I lose any files or spreadsheets I’ve Created?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Will I Lose My Files

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 10:59:32 -0400
Frank Guasto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If I update/download the new version of OpenOffice, will I lose any files or spreadsheets I’ve Created?

No, you won't, but initially they may not appear on the /File /Recent documents list, until you navigate to the folder in which they were saved and use /File /Open to open them afresh.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Will I Lose My Files

許哲崇
Why do you need a new version OpenOffice?
I suggest you do not upgrade your OpenOffice if you do not have a good
reason.
A new furniture cause new problems.
Which may even cost a new house.

David Belina <[hidden email]> 於 2019年9月24日 週二 上午12:33寫道:

> NO
>

> On September 23, 2019 at 9:03:25 AM, Frank Guasto
> ([hidden email]) wrote:
>
> If I update/download the new version of OpenOffice, will I lose any files
> or spreadsheets I’ve Created?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Will I Lose My Files

Andrea Vt
To keep old software running can be a high risk.

High risks can cause problems which costs you a new house :-)

Just my 5¢ :-)

Andrea

Am 24.09.2019 um 09:17 schrieb 許哲崇:

> Why do you need a new version OpenOffice?
> I suggest you do not upgrade your OpenOffice if you do not have a good
> reason.
> A new furniture cause new problems.
> Which may even cost a new house.
>
> David Belina <[hidden email]> 於 2019年9月24日 週二 上午12:33寫道:
>
>> NO
>>

>> On September 23, 2019 at 9:03:25 AM, Frank Guasto
>> ([hidden email]) wrote:
>>
>> If I update/download the new version of OpenOffice, will I lose any files
>> or spreadsheets I’ve Created?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Will I Lose My Files

Alan Boba-2
No. Updating the software does not cause loss of files you've created.

You will be able to both read and edit files created with prior versions of
the software in the new software.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 11:03 AM Frank Guasto <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> If I update/download the new version of OpenOffice, will I lose any files
> or spreadsheets I’ve Created?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Will I Lose My Files

Brian Barker-2
At 15:17 24/09/2019 +0800, Xu Zexhong wrote:
>Why do you need a new version OpenOffice? I suggest you do not
>upgrade your OpenOffice if you do not have a good reason.

Here are the "good reasons":
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/announcing-apache-openoffice-4-13 .

Brian Barker - privately