Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Kazunari Hirano
Hi all,

I installed OOo_3.3.0rc3_20101029_Win_x86_install_ja.exe on my Vista machine.
After successful installation, my browser opened the following page:
http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899

Will we have this page localized for 3.3?

Thanks,
khirano
--
Kazunari Hirano - Marketing Project Coordinator - OpenOffice.org
Japanese Language Project
http://ja.openoffice.org/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Maho NAKATA-2
Hi


From: Kazunari Hirano <[hidden email]>
Subject: [l10n-dev] Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 11:35:17 +0900

> Hi all,
>
> I installed OOo_3.3.0rc3_20101029_Win_x86_install_ja.exe on my Vista machine.
> After successful installation, my browser opened the following page:
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899
>
> Will we have this page localized for 3.3?

we have been localized pages. cf.
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=71509
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=79749
.
you may want to reassign to ja.


> Thanks,
> khirano
> --
> Kazunari Hirano - Marketing Project Coordinator - OpenOffice.org
> Japanese Language Project
> http://ja.openoffice.org/
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Joost Andrae-3
In reply to this post by Kazunari Hirano
Hi,

a Japanese landing page is already available:

http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html

For the 3.3 the entry within the product update service has to be adjusted.

> I installed OOo_3.3.0rc3_20101029_Win_x86_install_ja.exe on my Vista machine.
> After successful installation, my browser opened the following page:
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899
>
> Will we have this page localized for 3.3?

Kind regards, Joost

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Rafaella Braconi-2
In reply to this post by Kazunari Hirano
Hi Khirano,

On 10/31/10 03:35, Kazunari Hirano wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I installed OOo_3.3.0rc3_20101029_Win_x86_install_ja.exe on my Vista machine.
> After successful installation, my browser opened the following page:
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899
>  
The Japanese translation is at:
http://tools.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html

Information on how to have the page translated can be found at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_for_ThankYou_Page

Thanks,
Rafaella
> Will we have this page localized for 3.3?
>
> Thanks,
> khirano
>  

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

marcus.lange
In reply to this post by Kazunari Hirano
Hi Kazunari,

I don't think that there will be a special page for OOo 3.3 as IMHO we
also don't had them for previous versions. But we have already localized
"Thank You" pages. E.g., for Japanese it's:

http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899

Best regards

Marcus



Kazunari Hirano wrote:
> I installed OOo_3.3.0rc3_20101029_Win_x86_install_ja.exe on my Vista machine.
> After successful installation, my browser opened the following page:
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899
>
> Will we have this page localized for 3.3?


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Kazunari Hirano
In reply to this post by Maho NAKATA-2
Hi Maho,

Thanks.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Maho NAKATA <[hidden email]> wrote:
> we have been localized pages. cf.
> http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=71509
> http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=79749

Right.  I should have looked into Issues first.
I have found it.
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=112654

Thanks,
khirano

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Kazunari Hirano
In reply to this post by Joost Andrae-3
Hi Joost,

Thanks.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Joost Andrae <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For the 3.3 the entry within the product update service has to be adjusted.
I see.  It would be happy for Japanese users if their browser opens
the Japanese Thank YOU page after successful installation of
OpenOffice.org 3.3.

Thanks,
khirano

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Kazunari Hirano
In reply to this post by Rafaella Braconi-2
Hi Rafaella,

Thanks.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Rafaella Braconi - Program Manager
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_for_ThankYou_Page
Thanks for the links.
Now I remember!  We worked on it! Sorry for my short memory.  I am
getting old :)
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=112654

I have attached the new Thank YOU page to the issue.

Can the new page be available for OpenOffice.org 3.3?

Thanks,
khirano

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Kazunari Hirano
In reply to this post by marcus.lange
Hi Marcus,

Thanks.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Marcus Lange <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899
This is it!  This page is what I am looking for :)

Will we see this page after successful installation of 3.3 rc4 or 3.3
rc5 Japanese version, which you would build?
:)

Thanks,
khirano

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

marcus.lange
Kazunari Hirano wrote:

Hi,

> Thanks.
>
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Marcus Lange <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899
> This is it!  This page is what I am looking for :)
>
> Will we see this page after successful installation of 3.3 rc4 or 3.3
> rc5 Japanese version, which you would build?
> :)

yes, this webpage will be available when we release 3.3 (hopefully with
RC 4).

Best regards

Marcus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Kazunari Hirano
Hi Marcus,

Good Morning

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Marcus Lange <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899
> this webpage will be available when we release 3.3 (hopefully with RC4).

This morning (Japan Time 7:00) I installed
OOo_3.3.0rc4_20101108_Win_x86_install-wJRE_ja.exe on my Vista machine
and the installation made my browser open the English landing page.
http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899

I hope the Japanese landing page,
http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899
will be available when we release RC5.

Thanks,
khirano

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

marcus.lange
Hi Kazunari,

when RC 5 will be the last RC (and I really hope this), then we will
activate the page after the native lang team has tested and approved the
build, so that we can release it as stable.

Best regards

Marcus



Kazunari Hirano wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
> Good Morning
>
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Marcus Lange <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899
>> this webpage will be available when we release 3.3 (hopefully with RC4).
>
> This morning (Japan Time 7:00) I installed
> OOo_3.3.0rc4_20101108_Win_x86_install-wJRE_ja.exe on my Vista machine
> and the installation made my browser open the English landing page.
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899
>
> I hope the Japanese landing page,
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899
> will be available when we release RC5.
>
> Thanks,
> khirano


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Kazunari Hirano
Hi Marcus and all,

Congratulations! OpenOffice.org 3.3.0 released!

I have installed the following Japanese package,
ftp://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/openoffice/localized/ja/3.3.0/OOo_3.3.0_Win_x86_install_ja.exe
and the installation opened the English landing page on my browser.
http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899

When we install Japanese package we want the Japanese landing page to
be opened on our browser.
http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899

Thanks,
khirano

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Marcus Lange <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Kazunari,
>
> when RC 5 will be the last RC (and I really hope this), then we will
> activate the page after the native lang team has tested and approved the
> build, so that we can release it as stable.
>
> Best regards
>
> Marcus
>
>
>
> Kazunari Hirano wrote:
>>
>> Hi Marcus,
>>
>> Good Morning
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Marcus Lange <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899
>>> this webpage will be available when we release 3.3 (hopefully with RC4).
>>
>> This morning (Japan Time 7:00) I installed
>> OOo_3.3.0rc4_20101108_Win_x86_install-wJRE_ja.exe on my Vista machine
>> and the installation made my browser open the English landing page.
>> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899
>>
>> I hope the Japanese landing page,
>> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899
>> will be available when we release RC5.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> khirano
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>



--
Kazunari Hirano - Marketing Project Coordinator - OpenOffice.org
Japanese Language Project
http://ja.openoffice.org/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

marcus.lange
Hi khirano,

yes, the update service to notify for the new release is not yet active.
This is planned for next week, after the first high download peeks and
together with Rafaella's proposal (see other mail from her here).

Best regards

Marcus



Kazunari Hirano wrote:

> Hi Marcus and all,
>
> Congratulations! OpenOffice.org 3.3.0 released!
>
> I have installed the following Japanese package,
> ftp://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/openoffice/localized/ja/3.3.0/OOo_3.3.0_Win_x86_install_ja.exe
> and the installation opened the English landing page on my browser.
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899
>
> When we install Japanese package we want the Japanese landing page to
> be opened on our browser.
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899
>
> Thanks,
> khirano
>
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Marcus Lange <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Kazunari,
>>
>> when RC 5 will be the last RC (and I really hope this), then we will
>> activate the page after the native lang team has tested and approved the
>> build, so that we can release it as stable.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Marcus
>>
>>
>>
>> Kazunari Hirano wrote:
>>> Hi Marcus,
>>>
>>> Good Morning
>>>
>>> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Marcus Lange <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899
>>>> this webpage will be available when we release 3.3 (hopefully with RC4).
>>> This morning (Japan Time 7:00) I installed
>>> OOo_3.3.0rc4_20101108_Win_x86_install-wJRE_ja.exe on my Vista machine
>>> and the installation made my browser open the English landing page.
>>> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899
>>>
>>> I hope the Japanese landing page,
>>> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html?cid=920899
>>> will be available when we release RC5.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> khirano


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Localizing "Thank you" pages for on Pootle

Dwayne Bailey
In reply to this post by Rafaella Braconi-2

On 2010-11-01 12:17, Rafaella Braconi - Program Manager wrote:
>   The Japanese translation is at:
> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html
>
> Information on how to have the page translated can be found at:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_for_ThankYou_Page
>
Could I suggest that we localise these pages on Pootle.  I took the
current page and ran it through the Translate Toolkits html2po and
everything was extracted for translation.

This makes it simpler for everyone, no need for issues just some who can
update that PO files when index.html changes and who will commit changes
when needed.

You can do it yourself with the following:
wget index.html
html2po index.html index.po
translate index.po
po2html -t index.html index.po index.xx.po

regards
Dwayne

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Alexandro Colorado-3
In reply to this post by Rafaella Braconi-2
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:17 AM, Rafaella Braconi - Program Manager <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Khirano,
>
>
> On 10/31/10 03:35, Kazunari Hirano wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I installed OOo_3.3.0rc3_20101029_Win_x86_install_ja.exe on my Vista
>> machine.
>> After successful installation, my browser opened the following page:
>> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899
>>
>>
> The Japanese translation is at:
> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html
>
> Information on how to have the page translated can be found at:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_for_ThankYou_Page
>
> Thanks,
> Rafaella
>
>  Will we have this page localized for 3.3?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> khirano
>>
>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
I don't see a translation for spanish yet I do remember submitting this
translation a while back under an issue (would need to look for it). It
might have been for a different release, but I see it pretty similar
nevertheless I would wish to have to update the translation as opposed to
have it from scratch.


--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español
http://es.openoffice.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Will we have localized "Thank you" pages for 3.3 ?

Alexandro Colorado-3
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 6:51 AM, Alexandro Colorado <[hidden email]>wrote:

>
>
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:17 AM, Rafaella Braconi - Program Manager <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Khirano,
>>
>>
>> On 10/31/10 03:35, Kazunari Hirano wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I installed OOo_3.3.0rc3_20101029_Win_x86_install_ja.exe on my Vista
>>> machine.
>>> After successful installation, my browser opened the following page:
>>> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index.html?cid=920899
>>>
>>>
>> The Japanese translation is at:
>> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_ja.html
>>
>> Information on how to have the page translated can be found at:
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_for_ThankYou_Page
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rafaella
>>
>>  Will we have this page localized for 3.3?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> khirano
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
> I don't see a translation for spanish yet I do remember submitting this
> translation a while back under an issue (would need to look for it). It
> might have been for a different release, but I see it pretty similar
> nevertheless I would wish to have to update the translation as opposed to
> have it from scratch.
>

Great didn't took that long:
issue 112610 <http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=112610>

Can anyone comment on a diff between the version in June and this current
version?


>
>
> --
> *Alexandro Colorado*
> *OpenOffice.org* Español
> http://es.openoffice.org
>
>


--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español
http://es.openoffice.org