Windows 10 compatibility

Carolyn-2
I have been a very satisfied user of OpenOffice for many years & want to continue using this product.

Unfortunately, this weekend my laptop died & Iv had to purchase a new laptop which has windows10. Iv also had to take the old laptop into PC World who are undertaking a Data Recovery who will then transfer the files to my new laptop. So as soon as I get my new laptop I need to download OpenOffice to access my documents.

Please can you advise if the latest version of OpenOffice 4.1.6 is compatible with Windows 10 & any link you suggest I use to download my new software and will it pick up my historic documents.

I Look forward to hearing from you with any help / advice you can offer,

Regards
Carolyn Murphy

Sent from my iPad

Re: Windows 10 compatibility

Alan Boba-2
Download from the official site - https://www.openoffice.org/

Look for "I want to download Apache OpenOffice" and click on it to get to
the download links. Click on "Download the full installation".

Version 4.1.6 is Windows 10 compatible.

It will pick up your historic documents.

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 5:49 AM Carolyn <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I have been a very satisfied user of OpenOffice for many years & want to
> continue using this product.
>
> Unfortunately, this weekend my laptop died & Iv had to purchase a new
> laptop which has windows10. Iv also had to take the old laptop into PC
> World who are undertaking a Data Recovery who will then transfer the files
> to my new laptop. So as soon as I get my new laptop I need to download
> OpenOffice to access my documents.
>
> Please can you advise if the latest version of OpenOffice 4.1.6 is
> compatible with Windows 10 & any link you suggest I use to download my new
> software and will it pick up my historic documents.
>
> I Look forward to hearing from you with any help / advice you can offer,
>
> Regards
> Carolyn Murphy
>

> Sent from my iPad

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Windows 10 compatibility

Shari Lynn Smith
I am using it on my Windows 10 PC's. Nothing special needed, other then
if you want to use the database/label printing you do still need java.

You will want to download from openoffice.org

Congrats on the new laptop & good luck!
Shari