Windows 10 won't install Open Office

Donald Thomas
I downloaded directly from your website, but Windows says it failed verification.  Do you know any way around this?
Don Thomas

Re: Windows 10 won't install Open Office

Peter Kovacs-3
Hi all,

Please help the person below.

Thanks!
All the best
Peter

Am 5. Juli 2017 06:48:44 MESZ schrieb Donald Thomas <[hidden email]>:
>I downloaded directly from your website, but Windows says it failed
>verification.  Do you know any way around this?
>Don Thomas

Re: Windows 10 won't install Open Office

FR web forum
The better place to help end-users is:
http://forum.openoffice.org

I downloaded directly from your website, but Windows says it failed verification.  Do you know any way around this?
Don Thomas

I downloaded directly from your website, but Windows says it failed verification.  Do you know any way around this?
Don Thomas

Re: Windows 10 won't install Open Office

Dave Fisher
Hi -

I think that there is a wishlist item for our various installers. Self checking that the package is fully downloaded. As others have pointed out checking an MD5 or other hash is beyond most people’s skills while a simple script could more easily accomplish the task.

We put the binaries on the SourceForge mirrors, but the hashes should be served from a common location. Thoughts?

Regards,
Dave

> On Jul 5, 2017, at 11:42 AM, Donald Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the help.  Sorry I contacted the wrong place.  Problem resolved after the fifth time I downloaded and tried to install.
>
> On Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 3:46:32 AM CDT, FR web forum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The better place to help end-users is:
> http://forum.openoffice.org

Brian Barker
At 12:02 05/07/2017 -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:
>We put the binaries on the SourceForge mirrors, but the hashes
>should be served from a common location.

Is that https://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html ? But it's not
easy to find ...

Brian Barker

Re: Windows 10 won't install Open Office

Peter Kovacs-3
I think it is not our job to do download.

The way would be to get Openoffice into the MS shops.

For other ways I opt for Chocolatey, which does exactly what people request.

The classic way would be manual download. With self control.

Signing our Software is more important.

All the best
Peter

Am 5. Juli 2017 21:02:19 MESZ schrieb Dave Fisher <[hidden email]>:

>Hi -
>
>I think that there is a wishlist item for our various installers. Self
>checking that the package is fully downloaded. As others have pointed
>out checking an MD5 or other hash is beyond most people’s skills while
>a simple script could more easily accomplish the task.
>
>We put the binaries on the SourceForge mirrors, but the hashes should
>be served from a common location. Thoughts?
>
>Regards,
>Dave
>
>> On Jul 5, 2017, at 11:42 AM, Donald Thomas
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the help.  Sorry I contacted the wrong place.  Problem
>resolved after the fifth time I downloaded and tried to install.
>>
>> On Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 3:46:32 AM CDT, FR web forum
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The better place to help end-users is:
>> http://forum.openoffice.org

Marcus (OOo)
Am 05.07.2017 um 21:30 schrieb Brian Barker:
> At 12:02 05/07/2017 -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> We put the binaries on the SourceForge mirrors, but the hashes should
>> be served from a common location.
>
> Is that https://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html ?

it's about to let the installer self-check (like described here [1]) its
own integrity. Currently the binaries are hosted by SourceForge and the
checksum files on Apache-own server.

So, the "other.html" file is not the one ...

> But it's not easy to find ...

... as it is old and no longer maintained. Therefore simply forget this
webpage. ;-)

[1] https://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html

Marcus