Windows build question

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Windows build question

Jim Jagielski
Just for the heck-of-it I am setting up a Win7 build VM for
AOO... going over the build stuff on the wikis I see that
I am supposed to download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1
Redistributable Package, for vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe.

But later on (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7.2C_Windows_8.1.2C_Windows_10)
one of the optional packages is DirectX SDK which installs Visual C++
2010 Redistributable.

Now in https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127197#c6 it looks
like, somehow, 2 versions of vcredist_x86.exe are bundled, one
from the 2008 package and the other from the 2010 one (I assume).
But the *downloaded* versions are both called the exact same.

So what does the rename of the 2010 version of vcredist_x86.exe to
vcredist100_x86.exe, as implied by the BZ issue?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Windows build question

Matthias Seidel
Hi Jim,

Am 07.08.2017 um 15:06 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> Just for the heck-of-it I am setting up a Win7 build VM for
> AOO... going over the build stuff on the wikis I see that
> I am supposed to download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1
> Redistributable Package, for vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe.

Be sure to install Win7 (64bit) or even better Win10 (64bit).

Those 2 packages are bundled with OpenOffice for the installation
process. They have to be put here:
{SourceMain}/main/external/vcredist/

> But later on (https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7.2C_Windows_8.1.2C_Windows_10)
> one of the optional packages is DirectX SDK which installs Visual C++
> 2010 Redistributable.

This runtime is needed for DirectX SDK itself.

> Now in https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=127197#c6 it looks
> like, somehow, 2 versions of vcredist_x86.exe are bundled, one
> from the 2008 package and the other from the 2010 one (I assume).
> But the *downloaded* versions are both called the exact same.
>
> So what does the rename of the 2010 version of vcredist_x86.exe to
> vcredist100_x86.exe, as implied by the BZ issue?

This Bugzilla issue was started by Ariel to overcome the "Java not
found" problem in 4.1.3.
Later he decided to bundle msvcr100.dll (32bit) like we did before (in
fact in 4.1.3 it was 64bit, hence the bug).

The Visual C Runtime dll (msvcr100.dll) has to be put here:
{SourceMain}/main/external/msvcp100/

And yes, Microsoft wisely decided to name vcredist_x86.exe for VC2008
and VC2010 exactly the same... ;-)
I just renamed them to "vcredist_x86_2008.exe" and
"vcredist_x86_2010.exe" to tell them apart.

I hope that helps!

Regards, Matthias

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>



smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment