Word Wrap

Coni-2
Word Wrap is not available and I keep getting the latest updates. Why is
this?

Thank you,
Connie

---

Re: Word Wrap

Howard Blum
Are you asking about text wrap around a graphic or other object?

On Dec 3, 2017 5:57 PM, "Coni" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Word Wrap is not available and I keep getting the latest updates. Why is
> this?
>
> Thank you,
> Connie
>
> ---

Re: Word Wrap

Coni-2
In my text documents, when I download a book, the words only take up half of
the line, and when I look in the "Format" choices, the Wrap choices stay
grayed even when I highlight text, nothing happens when I select "Page wrap.
 (or anything else) I want the words to fit all the way across the page.

When I used Microsoft Word many years ago, it always worked.

Thanks for getting back with me.

Connie
****************************

Are you asking about text wrap around a graphic or other object?

On Dec 3, 2017 5:57 PM, "Coni" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Word Wrap is not available and I keep getting the latest updates. Why is
> this?
>
> Thank you,
> Connie
>
> ---

Re: Word Wrap

Shirley Eyres
I didn’t ask this

On Dec 3, 2017, at 8:54 PM, Coni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In my text documents, when I download a book, the words only take up half of
> the line, and when I look in the "Format" choices, the Wrap choices stay
> grayed even when I highlight text, nothing happens when I select "Page wrap.
> (or anything else) I want the words to fit all the way across the page.
>
> When I used Microsoft Word many years ago, it always worked.
>
> Thanks for getting back with me.
>
> Connie
> ****************************

Life is like an echo
What you send out
 comes back

Shirley Eyres

Re: Word Wrap

Richard Detwiler
On 12/3/2017 9:57 PM, Shirley Eyres wrote:
> I didn’t ask this

So why are you responding then?

Re: Word Wrap

Martin Groenescheij

On 04/12/17 1:54 PM, Coni wrote:
> In my text documents, when I download a book, the words only take up half of
> the line, and when I look in the "Format" choices, the Wrap choices stay
> grayed even when I highlight text, nothing happens when I select "Page wrap.
>   (or anything else) I want the words to fit all the way across the page.

You download a book that is made by someone else, that someone else
could have formatted the paragraph to have
additional space at the end of the line. Or he could have inserted an
non visible object at the right side of the page.
Without seeing the document it's hard to guess what's wrong.
Nevertheless the Option Format -> Wrap only works
with objects not with paragraphs when there is no object it's normal
that the options are greyed out.

> When I used Microsoft Word many years ago, it always worked.

Did it worked under the same conditions? I doubt.

> Thanks for getting back with me.
>

> Connie
>
> ****************************

Re: Word Wrap

Brian Barker
At 21:54 03/12/2017 -0500, Connie Noname wrote:
>In my text documents, when I download a book, the words only take up
>half of the line, ...

So the text that you are pasting in is - unhelpfully - formatted as
separate lines or paragraphs, broken up by line breaks or paragraph
breaks, not as a continuous body of text, allowing it to flow
naturally between lines. Ask the provider why this is.

>... and when I look in the "Format" choices, the Wrap choices stay
>grayed even when I highlight text, nothing happens when I select
>"Page wrap.  (or anything else)

Those options are for choosing how text should arrange around a
graphic inserted into your text document. So they will activate only
when you select such a graphic. That is not your problem here.

>I want the words to fit all the way across the page.

Good: read on.

>When I used Microsoft Word many years ago, it always worked.

I'm not at all sure how you can know that whatever text you obtained
and inserted "years ago" would have contained the same problem as the
text you are handling now. So we cannot know this. But in any case,
if you prefer working with Microsoft Word, why not use it? It's still
available, you know! You are very welcome to use any alternative
product if you prefer.

Here's (probably) how to solve your problem:
o Go to Tools | AutoCorrect Options... | Options and ensure that
"Combine single line paragraphs if length greater than X%" is ticked.
o With that option selected, you may need to click Edit... and reduce
the percentage - perhaps to as low as 5% - depending on the detail of
your pasted text.
o Select all your pasted text.
o In the Apply Style box (near the left of the Formatting toolbar),
select the Default paragraph style from the drop-down menu.
o Go to Format | AutoCorrect > | Apply.

Note that this process will change the paragraph style to "Text
body", so you may need to change it back. Note also that AutoCorrect
may make some formatting changes that you don't want, so be sure to
make this change first, before you spend time on formatting your
document generally.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker