Word "ruins" my OOo template

Jennifer Fruelda
Opening a Microsoft Word document in OpenOffice and saving it as *.sxw
ruins my numbering styles... Is it a bug? Thanks

Re: Word "ruins" my OOo template

Andrew Brown-4
Jennifer Fruelda <[hidden email]> wrote in news:43868069.8090809
@sps-spitech.com:

> Opening a Microsoft Word document in OpenOffice and saving it as *.sxw
> ruins my numbering styles... Is it a bug? Thanks

It may be. We can't know without seeing the document, which can't be done
on this list, which doesn't accept attachments.

But if you were to report it as a bug in IssueZilla, you could attach the
troublesome document, and then it would be looked over by the QA team, and
if they can reproduce it, passed on to the developers.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.

Re: Word "ruins" my OOo template

CPHennessy
On Fri November 25 2005 03:09, + Jennifer Fruelda wrote:
> Opening a Microsoft Word document in OpenOffice and saving it as *.sxw
> ruins my numbering styles... Is it a bug? Thanks

Which version of OpenOffice.org ?
If it is not 2.0, then I would strongly suggest that you upgrade as it's
compatabiity with MSWord is improved over 1.1.

Please reply to [hidden email] only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ