Would Macros Made In OpenOffice Work If Someone Opened It On Excel???????????????

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Would Macros Made In OpenOffice Work If Someone Opened It On Excel???????????????

QCIT3 MMisonora
Hi there,

I am a new user to OpenOffice and was wondering if when I write lets say a spreadsheet with macros on it and sent to someone who would have to open that file in Excel cause they don't use OpenOffice, would the macros still work or would it not work like when one opens an Excel file with macros and it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Emma


Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Would Macros Made In OpenOffice Work If Someone Opened It On Excel???????????????

Andrew Pitonyak
On 2017-06-29 15:55, QCIT3 MMisonora wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am a new user to OpenOffice and was wondering if when I write lets
> say a spreadsheet with macros on it and sent to someone who would
> have
> to open that file in Excel cause they don't use OpenOffice, would the
> macros still work or would it not work like when one opens an Excel
> file with macros and it doesn't work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Emma

It is very very unlikely that it would work because the internal object
models for manipulating a document are different. If all your macro does
is say print a number using the print statement or message box,
probably; but I hvae not tested it.

Andrew Pitonyak

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Would Macros Made In OpenOffice Work If Someone Opened It On Excel???????????????

Rory O'Farrell
In reply to this post by QCIT3 MMisonora
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 19:55:55 +0000
QCIT3 MMisonora <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am a new user to OpenOffice and was wondering if when I write lets say a spreadsheet with macros on it and sent to someone who would have to open that file in Excel cause they don't use OpenOffice, would the macros still work or would it not work like when one opens an Excel file with macros and it doesn't work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Emma

Different underlying code engines, so different macro structures.  Use the one program on all computers if you expect macros to work.  There is no reliable workaround.

.-
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Would Macros Made In OpenOffice Work If Someone Opened It On Excel???????????????

Johnny Rosenberg
In reply to this post by QCIT3 MMisonora
2017-06-29 21:55 GMT+02:00 QCIT3 MMisonora <[hidden email]>:

> Hi there,
>
> I am a new user to OpenOffice and was wondering if when I write lets say a
> spreadsheet with macros on it and sent to someone who would have to open
> that file in Excel cause they don't use OpenOffice, would the macros still
> work or would it not work like when one opens an Excel file with macros and
> it doesn't work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Emma
>

Most things related to Basic (the programming language) will work in Excel
too, but as soon as you want to do spreadsheet related things, it won't
work at all, unless you simulate all that UNO stuff by writing your own
objects for them in Excel, but you will need to create a lot of objects… :P

If Apache OpenOffice supported VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), then
you'd have to buy it, just like you buy MS Office.



Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg



>
>
> Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Would Macros Made In OpenOffice Work If Someone Opened It On Excel???????????????

zahra a
hi.
sorry because i answered this message very late!
libreoffice supports visual basic (vba) and we dont need to buy it!

hope that help, God bless you and his infinite mercy be for you.

On 7/1/17, Johnny Rosenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2017-06-29 21:55 GMT+02:00 QCIT3 MMisonora <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am a new user to OpenOffice and was wondering if when I write lets say
>> a
>> spreadsheet with macros on it and sent to someone who would have to open
>> that file in Excel cause they don't use OpenOffice, would the macros
>> still
>> work or would it not work like when one opens an Excel file with macros
>> and
>> it doesn't work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Emma
>>
>
> Most things related to Basic (the programming language) will work in Excel
> too, but as soon as you want to do spreadsheet related things, it won't
> work at all, unless you simulate all that UNO stuff by writing your own
> objects for them in Excel, but you will need to create a lot of objects… :P
>
> If Apache OpenOffice supported VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), then
> you'd have to buy it, just like you buy MS Office.
>
>
>
> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg
>
>
>
>>
>>
>> Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>
>>
>


--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
imam hosein is the beacon of light and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
al-islam.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Would Macros Made In OpenOffice Work If Someone Opened It On Excel???????????????

Johnny Rosenberg
2017-09-09 4:46 GMT+02:00 zahra a <[hidden email]>:

> hi.
> sorry because i answered this message very late!
> libreoffice supports visual basic (vba) and we dont need to buy it!
>

Really? How did they make Microsoft agree with that?


>
> hope that help, God bless you and his infinite mercy be for you.
>
> On 7/1/17, Johnny Rosenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > 2017-06-29 21:55 GMT+02:00 QCIT3 MMisonora <[hidden email]>:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I am a new user to OpenOffice and was wondering if when I write lets say
> >> a
> >> spreadsheet with macros on it and sent to someone who would have to open
> >> that file in Excel cause they don't use OpenOffice, would the macros
> >> still
> >> work or would it not work like when one opens an Excel file with macros
> >> and
> >> it doesn't work.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Emma
> >>
> >
> > Most things related to Basic (the programming language) will work in
> Excel
> > too, but as soon as you want to do spreadsheet related things, it won't
> > work at all, unless you simulate all that UNO stuff by writing your own
> > objects for them in Excel, but you will need to create a lot of objects…
> :P
> >
> > If Apache OpenOffice supported VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), then
> > you'd have to buy it, just like you buy MS Office.
> >
> >
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Johnny Rosenberg
> >
> >
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>
> >>
> >
>
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration is:
> imam hosein is the beacon of light and the ark of salvation.
> best website for studying islamic book in different languages
> al-islam.org
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>