Writter not correcting grammar

Emilio Martinez Ramirez
Well I just want to thank you for making me lose a job opportunity because of the Writer App not being able to correct the grammar of a very important document. Even after I made sure everything was correctly configure.

Re: Writter not correcting grammar

Martin Groenescheij

On 4/9/18 1:48 pm, Emilio Martinez Ramirez wrote:
> Well I just want to thank you for making me lose a job opportunity because of the Writer App not being able to correct the grammar of a very important document.

According to the Help file:
To check the spelling and the grammar of a text, the appropriate
dictionaries must be installed. For many languages three different
dictionaries exist: a spellchecker, a hyphenation dictionary, and a
thesaurus. Each dictionary covers one language only. Grammar checkers
can be downloaded and installed as extensions. See the extensions web page.

First question is: Have you downloaded and installed the correct Grammar
checker?
It's like selecting a navigation system for your car, there are
differences in the implementations.

Secondly: Extensions are not produced by OpenOffice everyone is able to
create an Extension.
Before downloading you should read the user feedback.