XAccessibleText in Impress

Ola Leifler
Hi!

I was just tinkering with a component for observing user input in
OO.o through the accessibility API in Java. In doing so, I noticed
that the interface for accessible text seems to be implemented
differently for text documents (swriter) compared to presentations
(simpress). In particular, I cannot readily extract the textual
contents of text segments when entering text in presentation
documents, but the XAccessibleText.getText() method only reports what
seems to be coordinates for the entered text. In a XTExtDocument,
however, XAcessibleText.getText() works as intended so that the
actual text is returned.

Is this a known issue, or a feature I've missed?

Regards
Ola Leifler

Re: XAccessibleText in Impress

Cor Nouws
Hi Ola,

Ola Leifler wrote (31-10-2007 11:29)

> I was just tinkering with a component for observing user input in OO.o
> through the accessibility API in Java. In doing so, I noticed that the
> interface for accessible text seems to be implemented differently for
> text documents (swriter) compared to presentations (simpress). In
> particular, I cannot readily extract the textual contents of text
> segments when entering text in presentation documents, but the
> XAccessibleText.getText() method only reports what seems to be
> coordinates for the entered text. In a XTExtDocument, however,
> XAcessibleText.getText() works as intended so that the actual text is
> returned.

I think this is because text in Impress/Draw is in frames, that are
anchored to the drawing layer.

Thus (in basic)
        oFrames = ThisComponent.getTextFrames
        oFrame = oFrames.getByName of getByIndex
gives you the frame object of which you can find the text.

> Is this a known issue, or a feature I've missed?

AFAIK, now issue. I hope my explanation helps.
And BTW, questions of this kind can be asked best at [hidden email]

KIndest regards,
Cor
--

Cor Nouws