XLSM file

Sudha Bharathan
Hi

I have received a xlsm extension file. When the same is opened on open
office calc, there are changes in text and figures from the original.The
changes done in the file doesn't seem to save either.
I had set the marco security to low too.
Kindly help how the xlsm file would be worked on the open office.

*Sudha Bharathan - Business Analyst*

Re: XLSM file

Martin Groenescheij

On 30/05/2019 11:24, Sudha Bharathan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have received a xlsm extension file. When the same is opened on open
> office calc, there are changes in text and figures from the original.The
> changes done in the file doesn't seem to save either.
> I had set the marco security to low too.

Found with Google search:

XLSM files are actually identical to Microsoft Excel Open XML Format
Spreadsheet (XLSX
<https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-an-xlsx-file-2622540>) files with the
only difference being that XLSM files will execute embedded macros
<https://www.lifewire.com/description-of-excel-macro-3123921> that are
programmed in the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) language.

> Kindly help how the xlsm file would be worked on the open office.

VBA macros don't run in penOffice