Your Program

Paul-6
Wow, when Open Office first came out I thought it would be a great
substitute for Microsoft Office.  However, I just spent about an hour
trying to do one simple thing: turn off autoinput as you erroneously
call it, in the spreadsheet component.  Incredibly, that option is
deeply hidden in the Tools>Cell Contents option. That's just
ridiculous.  Ridiculous.  Your program is also ridiculous.

When I uninstall this piece of trash you call Open Office, how can I be
sure there will be NO remains of it on my computer.  I won't no evidence
that I EVER used such a poorly written piece of junk. EVER.

Seriously, if you're going to write a program, you ought to try it out
before releasing it.  This is worthless junk.

Paul Jacobus

Re: Your Program

Howard Blum
This jerk deserves MS Office.

On Dec 8, 2017 12:54 PM, "Paul" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wow, when Open Office first came out I thought it would be a great
> substitute for Microsoft Office.  However, I just spent about an hour
> trying to do one simple thing: turn off autoinput as you erroneously call
> it, in the spreadsheet component.  Incredibly, that option is deeply hidden
> in the Tools>Cell Contents option. That's just ridiculous.  Ridiculous.
> Your program is also ridiculous.
>
> When I uninstall this piece of trash you call Open Office, how can I be
> sure there will be NO remains of it on my computer.  I won't no evidence
> that I EVER used such a poorly written piece of junk. EVER.
>
> Seriously, if you're going to write a program, you ought to try it out
> before releasing it.  This is worthless junk.
>
> Paul Jacobus

Re: Your Program

Tony Clifford
I am here happily using OpenOffice because MS Office does not recognize its own license.  My thanks to those who write  this software ..... voluntarily.!
Tony Clifford

Sent from my iPad

> On 8 Dec 2017, at 21:12, Howard Blum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This jerk deserves MS Office.
>
>> On Dec 8, 2017 12:54 PM, "Paul" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Wow, when Open Office first came out I thought it would be a great
>> substitute for Microsoft Office.  However, I just spent about an hour
>> trying to do one simple thing: turn off autoinput as you erroneously call
>> it, in the spreadsheet component.  Incredibly, that option is deeply hidden
>> in the Tools>Cell Contents option. That's just ridiculous.  Ridiculous.
>> Your program is also ridiculous.
>>
>> When I uninstall this piece of trash you call Open Office, how can I be
>> sure there will be NO remains of it on my computer.  I won't no evidence
>> that I EVER used such a poorly written piece of junk. EVER.
>>
>> Seriously, if you're going to write a program, you ought to try it out
>> before releasing it.  This is worthless junk.
>>
>> Paul Jacobus

Re: Your Program

Alan Pearce
Here, here!

I am here happily using OpenOffice because MS Office does not recognize its own license.  My thanks to those who write  this software ..... voluntarily.!
Tony Clifford

Sent from my iPad

> On 8 Dec 2017, at 21:12, Howard Blum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This jerk deserves MS Office.
>
>> On Dec 8, 2017 12:54 PM, "Paul" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Wow, when Open Office first came out I thought it would be a great
>> substitute for Microsoft Office.  However, I just spent about an hour
>> trying to do one simple thing: turn off autoinput as you erroneously call
>> it, in the spreadsheet component.  Incredibly, that option is deeply hidden
>> in the Tools>Cell Contents option. That's just ridiculous.  Ridiculous.
>> Your program is also ridiculous.
>>
>> When I uninstall this piece of trash you call Open Office, how can I be
>> sure there will be NO remains of it on my computer.  I won't no evidence
>> that I EVER used such a poorly written piece of junk. EVER.
>>
>> Seriously, if you're going to write a program, you ought to try it out
>> before releasing it.  This is worthless junk.
>>
>> Paul Jacobus

Re: Your Program

Bruce Pierson
Gee no one ever charged me for the software, no one ever demanded I use it,
and when I had questions there was always someone that could help me.  I
had to think a bit whilst learning to use AOO but it was never as bad as
some of the negative posters here maintain.

*"I would rather be lost in the woods, than found in the city. "*

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 6:15 PM, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Here, here!

Re: Your Program

Howard Blum
Well stated Bruce.

On Dec 8, 2017 4:25 PM, "Bruce Pierson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Gee no one ever charged me for the software, no one ever demanded I use it,
> and when I had questions there was always someone that could help me.  I
> had to think a bit whilst learning to use AOO but it was never as bad as
> some of the negative posters here maintain.

> *"I would rather be lost in the woods, than found in the city. "*
>

> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 6:15 PM, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Here, here!

Re: Your Program

Martin Groenescheij

Sent from my mobile device.

> On 9 Dec 2017, at 7:47 am, Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Wow, when Open Office first came out I thought it would be a great substitute for Microsoft Office.

That was back in 2001.

> However, I just spent about an hour trying to do one simple thing: turn off autoinput as you erroneously call it, in the spreadsheet component.

Wow, do you mean that you haven’t learned to master autoinput in the past 16 years?

>   Incredibly, that option is deeply hidden in the Tools>Cell Contents option.

I agree it’s much simpler to find functions in the ribbons of MS Office, which change every release.

> That's just ridiculous.  Ridiculous.  Your program is also ridiculous.
>
> When I uninstall this piece of trash you call Open Office, how can I be sure there will be NO remains of it on my computer.

You can be sure nothing remains after you format the disc.

>   I won't no evidence that I EVER used such a poorly written piece of junk. EVER.
>
> Seriously, if you're going to write a program, you ought to try it out before releasing it.  This is worthless junk.
>
> Paul Jacobus

Re: Your Program

Howard Blum
I'm shocked someone would literally throw stones at a FREE application that
is just as good or better than MS office, which last time I upgraded I had
to fork over some money.

On Dec 8, 2017 8:26 PM, "Martin Groenescheij" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Sent from my mobile device.
>
> > On 9 Dec 2017, at 7:47 am, Paul <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Wow, when Open Office first came out I thought it would be a great
> substitute for Microsoft Office.
>
> That was back in 2001.
>
> > However, I just spent about an hour trying to do one simple thing: turn
> off autoinput as you erroneously call it, in the spreadsheet component.
>
> Wow, do you mean that you haven’t learned to master autoinput in the past
> 16 years?
>
> >   Incredibly, that option is deeply hidden in the Tools>Cell Contents
> option.
>
> I agree it’s much simpler to find functions in the ribbons of MS Office,
> which change every release.
>
> > That's just ridiculous.  Ridiculous.  Your program is also ridiculous.
> >
> > When I uninstall this piece of trash you call Open Office, how can I be
> sure there will be NO remains of it on my computer.
>
> You can be sure nothing remains after you format the disc.
>
> >   I won't no evidence that I EVER used such a poorly written piece of
> junk. EVER.
> >
> > Seriously, if you're going to write a program, you ought to try it out
> before releasing it.  This is worthless junk.
> >
> > Paul Jacobus

Re: Your Program

Heathen Mais
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback regarding apache open office.

I would like to also thank you for "cc-ing" everyone except for the Lord
Jesus Christ himself on this "review".

In regards to your "issues" I would suggest that you do your research
before downloading any more software. This way you can make an educated
decision on whether or not to use it. Im fairly sure that in this case,
your research would have also helped you learn how to email someone, blind
copy and and carbon copy someone. Learning how to reply, reply all and
reply to the intended recipient, all of which are important when you want
to write and educated complaint to a company. I hope that my measly tips
will help you in the near future. If not, please just disregard and carry
on to microsoft office and may the gremlins of the internetwebs and
softwarewebs cease to bother you so dearly.

Sincerly yours,

-A humble Heathen *pizzafairy*