Zotero support

Juergen Helmers
Hi!

I just found out about zotero and I have to say, that it looks rather
promising. I did install the OpenOffice extension but I can't find any
documentation how to make it work. It says on the website, that it should
work the same as the word plugin, so I did expect to find new buttons being
available to manage citation via zotero. The extension is prperly installed
but I can't find any new meu items or buttons anywhere inside Openoffice.

I use the latest zotero inside Firefox 2.0.0.6, OpenOffice 2.3.0 (Novell
Build) on OpenSuse 10.2.

Is anybody using it successfully and could give me a quick pointer how to use
this with OpenOffice? I would love to recommend this to my students. any help
would be appreciated.

Cheers Juergen

--
Dr. Jürgen Helmers
Institute of Laboratory Medicine and Biochemistry

[hidden email]
fon: +49 30 8445-2514
fax: +49 30 8445-4152

Re: Zotero support

sybille-3
Dr. Juergen Helmers wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just found out about zotero and I have to say, that it looks rather
> promising. I did install the OpenOffice extension but I can't find any
> documentation how to make it work. It says on the website, that it should
> work the same as the word plugin, so I did expect to find new buttons being
> available to manage citation via zotero. The extension is prperly installed
> but I can't find any new meu items or buttons anywhere inside Openoffice.
>
> I use the latest zotero inside Firefox 2.0.0.6, OpenOffice 2.3.0 (Novell
> Build) on OpenSuse 10.2.
>
> Is anybody using it successfully and could give me a quick pointer how to use
> this with OpenOffice? I would love to recommend this to my students. any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers Juergen

Hi,

If the Zotero toolbar does not appear automatically after restarting
OpenOffice.org, then you could try looking to make sure that the toolbar
is turned on. Check View -> Toolbars -> Zotero - select Zotero if it is
not selected already.
HTH. Zotero really is an excellent tool, and so far the extension for
OOo seems to be working well even on my Gentoo Linux machine. :)

sybille

Re: Zotero support

Juergen Helmers
On Friday 17 August 2007 15:09:42 sybille wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If the Zotero toolbar does not appear automatically after restarting
> OpenOffice.org, then you could try looking to make sure that the toolbar
> is turned on. Check View -> Toolbars -> Zotero - select Zotero if it is
> not selected already.
> HTH. Zotero really is an excellent tool, and so far the extension for
> OOo seems to be working well even on my Gentoo Linux machine. :)
>
> sybille
Hi Sybille,

thanks for the pointer. Unfortunately I don't have a zotero toolbar listing in
that particular menu. I will downgrade to a OpenOffice 2.2 version and see if
that makes it work.

Thanks Juergen

--
Dr. Jürgen Helmers
Institute of Laboratory Medicine and Biochemistry
Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin
Hindenburgdamm 30
12200 Berlin
Germany

[hidden email]
fon: +49 30 8445-2514
fax: +49 30 8445-4152

Re: Zotero support

Bruce D'Arcus
On 8/17/07, sybille <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HTH. Zotero really is an excellent tool, and so far the extension for
> OOo seems to be working well even on my Gentoo Linux machine. :)

Great!

FWIW, one thing that people -- particularly those in the humanities --
might like look to thoroughly test is switching back-and-forth between
note-based and other (like author-date) styles. This is somewhat
experimental both in general, and in terms of implementation.

Bruce

Re: Zotero support

Juergen Helmers
On Friday 17 August 2007 15:35:47 Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On 8/17/07, sybille <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > HTH. Zotero really is an excellent tool, and so far the extension for
> > OOo seems to be working well even on my Gentoo Linux machine. :)
>
> Great!
>
> FWIW, one thing that people -- particularly those in the humanities --
> might like look to thoroughly test is switching back-and-forth between
> note-based and other (like author-date) styles. This is somewhat
> experimental both in general, and in terms of implementation.
>
> Bruce

weel I made it work too, I had forgotten to extract the plugin zip first,
before installing the extension.
Is there a way to change the zotero buttons from huge and text only to an
icon? I think this should be default as the current layout screws up the
button layout of the rest of the toolbars and looks quite weird.

Cheers Juergen

--
Dr. Jürgen Helmers
Institute of Laboratory Medicine and Biochemistry
Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin
Hindenburgdamm 30
12200 Berlin
Germany

[hidden email]
fon: +49 30 8445-2514
fax: +49 30 8445-4152

RE : Re: [users-biblio] Zotero support

Benjamin Bois
Hi everyone,

Awesome tool!
'Seems to work so far....

I'm already "lobbying" for Zotero within my research Lab

Cheers

Benjamin

Bruce D'Arcus <[hidden email]> a écrit : On 8/17/07, sybille  wrote:

> HTH. Zotero really is an excellent tool, and so far the extension for
> OOo seems to be working well even on my Gentoo Linux machine. :)

Great!

FWIW, one thing that people -- particularly those in the humanities --
might like look to thoroughly test is switching back-and-forth between
note-based and other (like author-date) styles. This is somewhat
experimental both in general, and in terms of implementation.

Bruce

---------------------------------

Re: Zotero support

ptsefton
Jürgen,

Try looking in the View / Toolbars menu - is there a Zotero toolbar listed?

pt

--

Peter Sefton
Senior Research Fellow / RUBRIC Technical Manager

Work: [hidden email]
Private: [hidden email]

p: +61 (0)7 4631 1640
m: +61 (0)410 326 955

RUBRIC Website: http://www.rubric.edu.au
USQ Website: http://www.usq.edu.au
Personal Website: http://ptsefton.com

RUBRIC is supported by the Systemic Infrastructure Initiative as part of
the Commonwealth Government's Backing Australia's Ability - An
Innovative Action Plan for the Future
(http://backingaus.innovation.gov.au)

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of
education with the Australian Government.

(CRICOS Codes: QLD 00244B | NSW 02225M | VIC 02387D | WA 02521C)

Re: Zotero support

ptsefton
Sorry for that last redundant reply, I didn't notice the rest of the thread
in Gmail.