a coordinated press release is missing (was: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4-RC4 as GA)

a coordinated press release is missing (was: Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4-RC4 as GA)

Jörg Schmidt-2
Hello,

Again a release is due and again there is no prepared press release that could be translated in time. I myself pointed this out weeks ago.

We should finally understand:
Due to insufficient public relations work for Apache OpenOffice we devaluate the very good work of our programmers.

greetings,
Jörg

Whoever thinks my criticism is harsh, I can only say to him that we discussed the necessity of the press release in detail and we concluded that a press release and(!) local translations are an _integral part of a release_.

see also:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/How+to+Cook+a+Release