about myspell words proposal

Laurent Godard-3
Hi

i've a question about myspell composition algorithm using .aff file

does it filter redundant words, or if 2 rules generates the same word,
we end at OOo level with duplicate proposition ?

thanks in adavnce

Laurent

--
Laurent Godard <[hidden email]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org
Indesko >> http://www.indesko.com

Re: about myspell words proposal

Дмитрий Габинский
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:07:01 +0200, Laurent Godard <[hidden email]>
skribis:

> does it filter redundant words, or if 2 rules generates the same word,
>we end at OOo level with duplicate proposition ?

Not exactly to your question, but when I had 2 dictionaries for Russian,
MySpell produced duplicates: with a right click on a misspelled word, the
same suggestion(s) showed up twice.

Best regards,

Dmitri Gabinski

Re: about myspell words proposal

nemeth-2

Hunspell's suggestions don't contain repeating words. (But output
of the morphological analyzer function may contain repeating
words with different analyses.)

I cannot reproduce Dmitri's report.

Best regards,

Laci

Quoting Laurent Godard <[hidden email]>:

> Hi
>
> i've a question about myspell composition algorithm using .aff file
>
> does it filter redundant words, or if 2 rules generates the same word,
> we end at OOo level with duplicate proposition ?
>
> thanks in adavnce
>
> Laurent
>
> --
> Laurent Godard <[hidden email]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org
> Indesko >> http://www.indesko.com
> Nuxeo CPS >> http://www.nuxeo.com - http://www.cps-project.org
> Livre "Programmation OpenOffice.org", Eyrolles 2004

Re: about myspell words proposal

Laurent Godard-3
Hi Laci

> Hunspell's suggestions don't contain repeating words. (But output
> of the morphological analyzer function may contain repeating
> words with different analyses.)

thanks for your response

btw, is it also the behaviour of myspell ? just for compatibility seeking

Laurent

--
Laurent Godard <[hidden email]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org
Indesko >> http://www.indesko.com
Nuxeo CPS >> http://www.nuxeo.com - http://www.cps-project.org
Livre "Programmation OpenOffice.org", Eyrolles 2004

Re: about myspell words proposal

nemeth-2
Quoting Laurent Godard <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Laci
>
> > Hunspell's suggestions don't contain repeating words. (But output
> > of the morphological analyzer function may contain repeating
> > words with different analyses.)
> >

> thanks for your response
>
> btw, is it also the behaviour of myspell ? just for compatibility seeking

I believe, it's not for capitalized input (it also depends on TRY, MAP,
REP declarations).

Laci

> Laurent
>
> --
> Laurent Godard <[hidden email]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org
> Indesko >> http://www.indesko.com
> Nuxeo CPS >> http://www.nuxeo.com - http://www.cps-project.org
> Livre "Programmation OpenOffice.org", Eyrolles 2004

Re: about myspell words proposal

nemeth-2
Quoting [hidden email]:

> Quoting Laurent Godard <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hi Laci
> >
> > > Hunspell's suggestions don't contain repeating words. (But output
> > > of the morphological analyzer function may contain repeating
> > > words with different analyses.)
> > >

> > thanks for your response
> >
> > btw, is it also the behaviour of myspell ? just for compatibility seeking
>
> I believe, it's not for capitalized input (it also depends on TRY, MAP,
> REP declarations).

More precisely, Myspell has duplicated suggestions, when dictionary contains
also the capitalized version of a known word, and the input
is also capitalized. For example, the dictionary contains "honey" and "Honey",
and for the input "Xoney" we will get duplicated "Honey" (the proper
noun and the capitalized "honey").

Laci