[api-dev] AdministrationProvider no more accessible

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[api-dev] AdministrationProvider no more accessible

Bernard Marcelly
Hi,
I discovered another oddity in the configuration API in OOo 3.3 RC. It is no
longer possible to get the AdministrationProvider.

Dim cfp As Object
cfp = CreateUnoService("com.sun.star.configuration.AdministrationProvider")

cfp returns as Null, which means the service is not recognized.
Effectively, the Service Manager does not provide this service anymore.

Is this on purpose ? This service is still described in the IDL.

Regards
   Bernard


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [api-dev] AdministrationProvider no more accessible

Stephan Bergmann-2
On 01/11/11 10:52, Bernard Marcelly wrote:
> I discovered another oddity in the configuration API in OOo 3.3 RC. It
> is no longer possible to get the AdministrationProvider.

Yes, gone for good, but I apparently forgot to document that.

-Stephan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [api-dev] AdministrationProvider no more accessible

Bernard Marcelly
Message de Stephan Bergmann  date 2011-01-11 14:41 :
>
> On 01/11/11 10:52, Bernard Marcelly wrote:
>> I discovered another oddity in the configuration API in OOo 3.3 RC. It
>> is no longer possible to get the AdministrationProvider.
>
> Yes, gone for good, but I apparently forgot to document that.
>
> -Stephan

I see that references to this service were suppressed (June 2010) from the
Developer's Guide, but is there now an alternative way to access/update the
administration layer ?

Regards
   Bernard


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [api-dev] AdministrationProvider no more accessible

Stephan Bergmann-2
On 01/17/11 15:04, Bernard Marcelly wrote:

> Message de Stephan Bergmann  date 2011-01-11 14:41 :
>> On 01/11/11 10:52, Bernard Marcelly wrote:
>>> I discovered another oddity in the configuration API in OOo 3.3 RC. It
>>> is no longer possible to get the AdministrationProvider.
>>
>> Yes, gone for good, but I apparently forgot to document that.
>>
>> -Stephan
>
> I see that references to this service were suppressed (June 2010) from
> the Developer's Guide, but is there now an alternative way to
> access/update the administration layer ?

No, there is no programmatic way for that.  The standard way should be
to have an OOo extension (installed shared) that modifies the
configuration.  Do you have any other use cases?

-Stephan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [api-dev] AdministrationProvider no more accessible

Bernard Marcelly
Message de Stephan Bergmann  date 2011-01-17 15:13 :

>
> On 01/17/11 15:04, Bernard Marcelly wrote:
>> Message de Stephan Bergmann date 2011-01-11 14:41 :
>>> On 01/11/11 10:52, Bernard Marcelly wrote:
>>>> I discovered another oddity in the configuration API in OOo 3.3 RC. It
>>>> is no longer possible to get the AdministrationProvider.
>>>
>>> Yes, gone for good, but I apparently forgot to document that.
>>>
>>> -Stephan
>>
>> I see that references to this service were suppressed (June 2010) from
>> the Developer's Guide, but is there now an alternative way to
>> access/update the administration layer ?
>
> No, there is no programmatic way for that. The standard way should be to have an
> OOo extension (installed shared) that modifies the configuration. Do you have
> any other use cases?
>
> -Stephan
>
I do not have a specific need. Just clarifying the evolution of the API.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]