[api-dev] Error setPropertyValue(Unknown Source) in Calc

[api-dev] Error setPropertyValue(Unknown Source) in Calc

Dietmar Hiller-3
It's a long time since I have been discussing on this mailing list -
it's actually also a long time since I worked on my extension.

So this is what I recently realized: The extension Borderliner causes an
IllegalArgumentException when I try to draw a line to cells in Calc
3.2.1. I am sure it worked in 3.1.

Here are the errors:

com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
at com.sun.star.bridges.jni_uno.JNI_proxy.dispatch_call(Native Method)
at com.sun.star.bridges.jni_uno.JNI_proxy.invoke(JNI_proxy.java:175)
at $Proxy6.setPropertyValue(Unknown Source)
at
name.dhiller.jBorderLiner.Borders.SetBordersSingleCell(Borders.java:400)
at
name.dhiller.jBorderLiner.Borders.SetBordersCellRange(Borders.java:367)
at name.dhiller.jBorderLiner.Borders.SetBordersCell(Borders.java:319)
at name.dhiller.jBorderLiner.Borders.DoBorders(Borders.java:70)
at
name.dhiller.jBorderLiner.BLKeyHandlerImpl.keyPressed(BLKeyHandlerImpl.java:53)

The statement that causes this error is:
   xTableProps.setPropertyValue("BottomBorder", sBorderWork);

with
   com.sun.star.table.BorderLine sBorderWork = new BorderLine();
   :
   XPropertySet xTableProps =
(XPropertySet)UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XPropertySet.class, oRange);

oRange is basically
   Object oSelection = xController.getModel().getCurrentSelection();

At this point I need someone to
   a) countercheck the bug in a different environment (to make sure it's
not coming from my configuration)
   b) point his finger to something where I should start investigating.

As said above, more then 2 years that I did not look at this, nor at
Java.

System: Debian Squeeze, with Openoffice (from Debian) 3.2.1 on amd64,
openjdk 6,

Thanks a lot
   Dietmar

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/BorderLinerhttp://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/BorderLiner

Re: [api-dev] Error setPropertyValue(Unknown Source) in Calc

Dietmar Hiller-3
Current investigations indicate, that it is an issue of this particular
Openoffice.org flavor. So I am checking with the Go-OO people to find
out.

    Dietmar
--

Am Samstag, den 05.02.2011, 17:59 +0100 schrieb Dietmar:

> it's actually also a long time since I worked on my extension.
>
> So this is what I recently realized: The extension Borderliner causes an
> IllegalArgumentException when I try to draw a line to cells in Calc
> 3.2.1. I am sure it worked in 3.1.
>
> Here are the errors:
>
> com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> at com.sun.star.bridges.jni_uno.JNI_proxy.dispatch_call(Native Method)
> at com.sun.star.bridges.jni_uno.JNI_proxy.invoke(JNI_proxy.java:175)
> at $Proxy6.setPropertyValue(Unknown Source)
> at
> name.dhiller.jBorderLiner.Borders.SetBordersSingleCell(Borders.java:400)
> at
> name.dhiller.jBorderLiner.Borders.SetBordersCellRange(Borders.java:367)
> at name.dhiller.jBorderLiner.Borders.SetBordersCell(Borders.java:319)
> at name.dhiller.jBorderLiner.Borders.DoBorders(Borders.java:70)
> at
> name.dhiller.jBorderLiner.BLKeyHandlerImpl.keyPressed(BLKeyHandlerImpl.java:53)
>
> The statement that causes this error is:
>    xTableProps.setPropertyValue("BottomBorder", sBorderWork);
>
> with
>    com.sun.star.table.BorderLine sBorderWork = new BorderLine();
>    :
>    XPropertySet xTableProps =
> (XPropertySet)UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XPropertySet.class, oRange);
>
> oRange is basically
>    Object oSelection = xController.getModel().getCurrentSelection();
>

> At this point I need someone to
>    a) countercheck the bug in a different environment (to make sure it's
> not coming from my configuration)
>    b) point his finger to something where I should start investigating.
>
> As said above, more then 2 years that I did not look at this, nor at
> Java.
>
> System: Debian Squeeze, with Openoffice (from Debian) 3.2.1 on amd64,
> openjdk 6,
>
> Thanks a lot
>    Dietmar

Re: [api-dev] Error setPropertyValue(Unknown Source) in Calc

Fernand Vanrie
  Dietmar,

I found that the API using the Borderline Structure is broken in LO, but
so far everyting is still working in OO
LO  trie to make Borderline  more compatible with MSword.

Greetz

Fernand

> Current investigations indicate, that it is an issue of this particular
> Openoffice.org flavor. So I am checking with the Go-OO people to find
> out.
>
>      Dietmar

Re: [api-dev] Error setPropertyValue(Unknown Source) in Calc

Dietmar Hiller-3
Thanks, that saves me from endless bug-searching.
I'll trigger the ex-Go-OO (now LO) people.
Unfortunately my Debian OOo 3.2.1 is based on Go-OO, so with that bug -
sigh. I understand that there is still the option to use Oracle OOo,
I'll think of that.

    Dietmar