[api-dev] I can see the method/property which can not be found ...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[api-dev] I can see the method/property which can not be found ...

Andreas Säger
Hello API experts,

Initial problem: first post in
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=45971
Satisfactory solution as of Nov. 2006:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=47340

Today's problem (versions 3.3 and 2.4.3): Empty Writer table.
I comment out the error handler:
> '   on error goto errExit

and get

"Method/property not found in line
>          cursor = cell.createTextCursor

I can put a stop mark in that line and inspect the cell. It offers
method "createTextCursor" and "getEnd" from that cursor.

However, the newly created Writer frame looks a little bit strange. The
component window is transparent.

It makes not difference when I comment out
> doc.lockcontrollers


Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Andreas


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [api-dev] I can see the method/property which can not be found ...

Noelson Duarte-2
Hi,

Time ago I had a problem with 0-based indexes for text tables.

--
Noelson


2011/2/9 Andreas Säger <[hidden email]>

> Hello API experts,
>
> Initial problem: first post in
> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=45971
> Satisfactory solution as of Nov. 2006:
> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=47340
>
> Today's problem (versions 3.3 and 2.4.3): Empty Writer table.
> I comment out the error handler:
>
>> '   on error goto errExit
>>
>
> and get
>
> "Method/property not found in line
>
>>         cursor = cell.createTextCursor
>>
>
> I can put a stop mark in that line and inspect the cell. It offers method
> "createTextCursor" and "getEnd" from that cursor.
>
> However, the newly created Writer frame looks a little bit strange. The
> component window is transparent.
>
> It makes not difference when I comment out
>
>> doc.lockcontrollers
>>
>
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
> Andreas
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [api-dev] I can see the method/property which can not be found ...

Bernard Marcelly
In reply to this post by Andreas Säger
Hi Andreas,
I ran your code on OOo 3.3.0 / Windows XP.
I got a Writer table with the formatted cells. It works as expected.

Suggestion : re-install OOo after a good cleaning.

Regards
   Bernard


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [api-dev] I can see the method/property which can not be found ...

Peter Eberlein-3
In reply to this post by Andreas Säger
Hi Andreas,
Am 09.02.2011 14:55, schrieb Andreas Säger:

> Hello API experts,
>
> Initial problem: first post in
> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=45971
> Satisfactory solution as of Nov. 2006:
> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=47340
>
> Today's problem (versions 3.3 and 2.4.3): Empty Writer table.
> I comment out the error handler:
>> ' on error goto errExit
>
> and get
>
> "Method/property not found in line
>> cursor = cell.createTextCursor
>
> I can put a stop mark in that line and inspect the cell. It offers
> method "createTextCursor" and "getEnd" from that cursor.
>
> However, the newly created Writer frame looks a little bit strange. The
> component window is transparent.
>
> It makes not difference when I comment out
>> doc.lockcontrollers
>
Just tested with 3.2 and m95 (3.4), no problems.

Regards

Peter

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[api-dev] Re: I can see the method/property which can not be found ...

Andreas Säger
Am 10.02.2011 15:30, Peter Eberlein wrote:
> Just tested with 3.2 and m95 (3.4), no problems.
>

Which OS, please?
Thank you for testing to you both Bernard and Peter.

Regards,
Andreas


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [api-dev] Re: I can see the method/property which can not be found ...

Peter Eberlein-3
Am 10.02.2011 16:40, schrieb Andreas Säger:
> Am 10.02.2011 15:30, Peter Eberlein wrote:
>> Just tested with 3.2 and m95 (3.4), no problems.
>>
>
> Which OS, please?
WinXP SP 2

Peter

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[api-dev] Re: I can see the method/property which can not be found ...

Andreas Säger
Am 11.02.2011 08:56, Peter Eberlein wrote:
> Am 10.02.2011 16:40, schrieb Andreas Säger:
>> Am 10.02.2011 15:30, Peter Eberlein wrote:
>>> Just tested with 3.2 and m95 (3.4), no problems.
>>>
>>
>> Which OS, please?
> WinXP SP 2
>
> Peter

Thank you, Peter. Meanwhile I ran the macro successfully on WinXP. It is
not a Linux issue though. It is some bug in all of my user profiles for
OOo3, LibO3 and OOo2.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[api-dev] Re: I can see the method/property which can not be found ...

Andreas Säger
In reply to this post by Bernard Marcelly
Am 09.02.2011 18:23, Bernard Marcelly wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> I ran your code on OOo 3.3.0 / Windows XP.
> I got a Writer table with the formatted cells. It works as expected.
>
> Suggestion : re-install OOo after a good cleaning.
>
> Regards
> Bernard

Resetting my profiles for OOo2.4, 3.3 and LO3.3 cured the problem. But I
do not like the disadvantages of this step, so I investigated a little
bit further.
After restoring the old 3.3 profile, I removed some subdirectories one
after the other and found that the basic subfolder is the culprit.

I comment out all libraries in basic/script.xlb and activate them one by
one while testing the problematic macro. It turns out that my library
"Standard" causes the problem. Within my Standard library a module named
"CELL" makes the cell-copy macro fail.
Any module named CELL, even a blank one, makes the cell-copy macro fail.
A module name CELL in some other library does not harm.

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=116934

Cheers,
Andreas


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [api-dev] Re: I can see the method/property which can not be found ...

Bernard Marcelly
Message de Andreas Säger  date 2011-02-12 20:41 :

>
> I comment out all libraries in basic/script.xlb and activate them one by one
> while testing the problematic macro. It turns out that my library "Standard"
> causes the problem. Within my Standard library a module named "CELL" makes the
> cell-copy macro fail.
> Any module named CELL, even a blank one, makes the cell-copy macro fail.
> A module name CELL in some other library does not harm.
>
> http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=116934
>

This is a variant of my issue
<http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=113707>

Regards
   Bernard


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]