app store

Cheryl T
Hi i had issues with open office so deleted it nd tried twice now to
reinstall. it will not let me use your appication because it was not
downloaded from the app store. can you add it to app store??? i love open
office and wouldnt know what to do without it :( help!!!
i have a mac

* Let it be on Earth as it is in Heaven *

Re: app store

Wade Smart-2
Your mac wont let you download any software and install it
if its not from THEIR store? WOW!

Did you download OO from the OO site?

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 12:04 PM Cheryl T <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi i had issues with open office so deleted it nd tried twice now to
> reinstall. it will not let me use your appication because it was not
> downloaded from the app store. can you add it to app store??? i love open
> office and wouldnt know what to do without it :( help!!!
> i have a mac
>
> --
>

> * Let it be on Earth as it is in Heaven *

Re: app store

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 13:14:27 -0300
Cheryl T <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi i had issues with open office so deleted it nd tried twice now to
> reinstall. it will not let me use your appication because it was not
> downloaded from the app store. can you add it to app store??? i love open
> office and wouldnt know what to do without it :( help!!!
> i have a mac
>
> --
>

> * Let it be on Earth as it is in Heaven *

Tell Mac's Gatekeeper to allow you install OpenOffice.  This is possible on a Mac.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: app store

Howard Blum
I have a Mac office for my business and all our computers are running OO.

I suggest the problem resides in your computer. I would guess that you have
your Mac setup to not accept any 3rd party applications.

Goto System Preference>Security & Privacy and see if your setting are to
only accept applications from the app store. That is the likely block. Just
change the settings and you can download it. Then you'll have to go to the
security settings again when you try to install it because it is from an
unrecognized developer, but it's not difficult to do.

Good luck.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 10:15 AM Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 13:14:27 -0300
> Cheryl T <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi i had issues with open office so deleted it nd tried twice now to
> > reinstall. it will not let me use your appication because it was not
> > downloaded from the app store. can you add it to app store??? i love open
> > office and wouldnt know what to do without it :( help!!!
> > i have a mac
> >
> > --
> >

> > * Let it be on Earth as it is in Heaven *
>
> Tell Mac's Gatekeeper to allow you install OpenOffice.  This is possible
> on a Mac.
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Howard Blum
Pro Mobile Notary
PO Box 834
Novato, CA 94948
415-898-4130
http://pro-mobile-notary.com

Re: app store

ugajin@talktalk.net.INVALID
First time right click [ctrl + left click] and select dialogue option
to run app.
Subesequent times open as per native app.

Re: app store

Keith N. McKenna
On 10/18/2018 2:47 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> First time right click [ctrl + left click] and select dialogue option
> to run app.
> Subesequent times open as per native app.

Folow the steps at the Folling link for your version of macOS:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.5+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.5ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

Regards
Keith

Re: app store

Larry Gusaas-4

On 2018-10-18, 10:14 AM Cheryl T wrote concerning "app store":
> Hi i had issues with open office so deleted it nd tried twice now to
> reinstall. it will not let me use your appication because it was not
> downloaded from the app store. can you add it to app store??? i love open
> office and wouldnt know what to do without it :( help!!!
> i have a mac

If you had read the release notes (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.5+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.5ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues
) you would have seen this under known issues.

    Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 will be flagged by the Gatekeeper facility in Mac OS X. This is a
    feature to help guard against malware on recent Mac OS X systems.
    For Mac OS X up to 10.11 "El Capitan": There is a procedure laid out at the following link
    to allow applications not installed from the Mac App store to run. See the Mac support article.
    For Mac OS X 10.12 "Sierra": In Finder, Control-click or right click the icon of the app.
    Select Open from the top of contextual menu that appears. Click Open in the dialog box. If
    prompted, enter an administrator name and password.This is needed just the first time you
    launch Apache OpenOffice.

--
As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address will be ignored.

Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query.To subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to

_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: app store

Cheryl T
Thanks for the tip! I didnt anticipate having any issue so didnt go
looking. Wondering if oo could add this info to their page?

On Oct 18, 2018 17:17, "Larry Gusaas" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2018-10-18, 10:14 AM Cheryl T wrote concerning "app store":
>
> Hi i had issues with open office so deleted it nd tried twice now to
> reinstall. it will not let me use your appication because it was not
> downloaded from the app store. can you add it to app store??? i love open
> office and wouldnt know what to do without it :( help!!!
> i have a mac
>

> If you had read the release notes ( https://cwiki.apache.org/
> confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.5+Release+Notes#AOO4.
> 1.5ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues ) you would have seen this under known issues.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 will be flagged by the Gatekeeper facility in Mac
> OS X. This is a feature to help guard against malware on recent Mac OS X
> systems.
> For Mac OS X up to 10.11 "El Capitan": There is a procedure laid out at
> the following link to allow applications not installed from the Mac App
> store to run. See the Mac support article.
> For Mac OS X 10.12 "Sierra": In Finder, Control-click or right click the
> icon of the app. Select Open from the top of contextual menu that appears.
> Click Open in the dialog box. If prompted, enter an administrator name and
> password.This is needed just the first time you launch Apache OpenOffice.
>

> --
> As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address will be ignored.

> For user support you can also use The OpenOffice.org Community Forumhttp://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
> _________________________________
>
> Larry I. Gusaas
> Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
> Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
>
> "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." - Edgard Varese

Re: app store

David Robley
It is already there if you look a little.

On the right side of the initial download page
http://www.openoffice.org/download/ there is a link to Installation
Guides, https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html

On 19/10/18 06:58, Cheryl T wrote:

> Thanks for the tip! I didnt anticipate having any issue so didnt go
> looking. Wondering if oo could add this info to their page?
>
> On Oct 18, 2018 17:17, "Larry Gusaas" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 2018-10-18, 10:14 AM Cheryl T wrote concerning "app store":
>>
>> Hi i had issues with open office so deleted it nd tried twice now to
>> reinstall. it will not let me use your appication because it was not
>> downloaded from the app store. can you add it to app store??? i love open
>> office and wouldnt know what to do without it :( help!!!
>> i have a mac
>>

>> If you had read the release notes ( https://cwiki.apache.org/
>> confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.5+Release+Notes#AOO4.
>> 1.5ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues ) you would have seen this under known issues.
>>
>> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 will be flagged by the Gatekeeper facility in Mac
>> OS X. This is a feature to help guard against malware on recent Mac OS X
>> systems.
>> For Mac OS X up to 10.11 "El Capitan": There is a procedure laid out at
>> the following link to allow applications not installed from the Mac App
>> store to run. See the Mac support article.
>> For Mac OS X 10.12 "Sierra": In Finder, Control-click or right click the
>> icon of the app. Select Open from the top of contextual menu that appears.
>> Click Open in the dialog box. If prompted, enter an administrator name and
>> password.This is needed just the first time you launch Apache OpenOffice.
>>

>> --
>> As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address will be ignored.

>> For user support you can also use The OpenOffice.org Community Forumhttp://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
>>
>> Larry I. Gusaas
>> Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
>> Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
>>
>> "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." - Edgard Varese

Cheers
--
David Robley

NO! Taco Bell is NOT the Mexican Phone Company!