apple address book

Stuart Crawshaw
Hi,

I got your email off wikapedia. I am wondering if it is possible to
get my apple address book to work with open office.

Thanks

Stuart

Re: apple address book

Jim Watson
On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 16:44 +1000, Stuart Crawshaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got your email off wikapedia. I am wondering if it is possible to
> get my apple address book to work with open office.

Stuart, have look here

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2007#MacOSX:_Address_book_integration

jim

Re: apple address book

James Mckenzie
Jim and Stuart:

Note:  This project is set aside for the Google Summer of Code project.  I
hope that it gets completed for full integration with the Aqua version of
OpenOffice.org.

James

>On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 16:44 +1000, Stuart Crawshaw wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I got your email off wikapedia. I am wondering if it is possible to
>> get my apple address book to work with open office.
>
>Stuart, have look here
>
>http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2007#MacOSX:_Address_book_integration
>
>jim

Re: apple address book

Jim White
Stuart Crawshaw wrote:

> I got your email off wikapedia. I am wondering if it is possible to  get
> my apple address book to work with open office.

If you just need to import Apple Address Book data, here are some notes
on doing that with NeoOffice.  The same steps should work for OOo.

http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/Importing_Data_from_Address_Book

Obviously a bidirectional iSync compatible scheme is needed (presumably
that will come out of the GSoC effort).

I wonder whether Plaxo could be interfaced with OOo easily.

http://www.plaxo.com/products

Perhaps by syncing thru the Mozilla addressbook:

http://dba.openoffice.org/specifications/address_book_architecture.html

Jim

Re: apple address book

Jim White
Jim White wrote:

> Stuart Crawshaw wrote:
>
>> I got your email off wikapedia. I am wondering if it is possible to
>> get my apple address book to work with open office.
>
> http://dba.openoffice.org/specifications/address_book_architecture.html

If you have a LDAP server (there are open source solutions of course,
and one is included with point-and-click admin in OS X Server), then
Address Book can use that, as will OOo.

http://www.macgeekery.com/hacks/software/shared_address_book_via_ldap

http://www.addressbookserver.com/

http://macslash.org/article.pl?sid=04/01/13/0857230