apply e-mail program to OpenOffice documents

PG

apply e-mail program to OpenOffice documents

PG

I have looked at pretty much all your site for information on HOW to install on e-mail program into OpenOffice. When I follow the limited instructions I found all I get is “no e-mail program installed” None of your forums appear to give any importance to this issue. All I want to do is e-mail a created document to an e-mail contact. Please advise. PG
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: apply e-mail program to OpenOffice documents

James Knott
On 08/23/2017 02:50 PM, PG wrote:
> I have looked at pretty much all your site for information on HOW to install on e-mail program into OpenOffice. When I follow the limited instructions I found all I get is “no e-mail program installed” None of your forums appear to give any importance to this issue. All I want to do is e-mail a created document to an e-mail contact. Please advise. PG
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

There is no email app for OpenOffice.  You use whatever email app is
installed on your computer.  Many people use Thunderbird.

When you have an email app installed, you can use it to send documents.

PG

RE: apply e-mail program to OpenOffice documents

PG
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I did not make myself clear, I know there is no e-mail app etc,  I have two e-mail programs either one of which I would like to use to send an OpenOffice document. What I need is the instruction on how to make that happen. The OpenOffice site offers no help. Thanks PG

On 08/23/2017 03:30 PM, PG wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Maybe I did not make myself clear, I know there is no e-mail app etc,  I have two e-mail programs either one of which I would like to use to send an OpenOffice document. What I need is the instruction on how to make that happen. The OpenOffice site offers no help. Thanks PG

What operating system are you running?

Re: apply e-mail program to OpenOffice documents

Brian Barker
At 15:41 23/08/2017 -0400, James Knott wrote:
>What operating system are you running?

I wonder if the enquirer's "Sent from Mail for Windows 10" gives a clue?

;^)

Brian Barker

On 08/23/2017 03:48 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 15:41 23/08/2017 -0400, James Knott wrote:
>> What operating system are you running?
>
> I wonder if the enquirer's "Sent from Mail for Windows 10" gives a clue?
>
> ;^)

I've never used Mail.  On my W10 virtual machine, I have Thunderbird and
when I email a document from OO, Thunderbird automagically opens a
compose window.

RE: apply e-mail program to OpenOffice documents

Alan Pearce
Compose your email in your mail client and select "attach", this should offer you the File Manager dialogue box, select whatever it is you wish to attach and away you go.

Alan.

Alan N Pearce

Sent from Samsung tablet

On 08/23/2017 03:30 PM, PG wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Maybe I did not make myself clear, I know there is no e-mail app etc,  I have two e-mail programs either one of which I would like to use to send an OpenOffice document. What I need is the instruction on how to make that happen. The OpenOffice site offers no help. Thanks PG

Install the app, such as Thunderbird.  Then, ensure it's the default app
in Windows.  It should then be automatically selected when you try to
email a document.