bootstrap error: cp cannot stat dmake: no such file or directory

bootstrap error: cp cannot stat dmake: no such file or directory

Work Klo
Dear all,

I am building OO source with CVS tag: OOA680_m1.  I have built it once last month and everything works fine.  (My machine is a Windows XP.)

Last week I rebuilt my machine.  I tried to build the same source.  I was stuck in the configure part.  After some searching, I find out there is a space in my PATH environment variable that is causing the problem.  I resolve my problem by checking out this: http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=16246

Now I get pass the configure part.  I am onto the bootstrap part.  I open up a cygwin windows, cd to my source directory (/cygdrive/d/OOA680_m1) and type ./bootstrap

I get this error message:
cp: cannot stat '/cygdrive/d/OOA680_m1/dmake/dmake.exe': No such file or directory

I check the OOA680_m1/dmake directory.  There is no dmake.exe.  Hum...  Is the dmake.exe built during the configure part, or during the bootstrap part?

Please help.

_______________________________________
 YM - 離線訊息
 就算你沒有上網,你的朋友仍可以留下訊息給你,當你上網時就能立即看到,任何說話都冇走失。
 http://messenger.yahoo.com.hk

Re: bootstrap error: cp cannot stat dmake: no such file or directory

Volker Quetschke
Hi!

Work Klo wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am building OO source with CVS tag: OOA680_m1.  I have built it once last month and everything works fine.  (My machine is a Windows XP.)
>
> Last week I rebuilt my machine.  I tried to build the same source.  I was stuck in the configure part.  After some searching, I find out there is a space in my PATH environment variable that is causing the problem.  I resolve my problem by checking out this: http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=16246
>
> Now I get pass the configure part.  I am onto the bootstrap part.  I open up a cygwin windows, cd to my source directory (/cygdrive/d/OOA680_m1) and type ./bootstrap

Why do you open a new window after configure?

> I get this error message:
> cp: cannot stat '/cygdrive/d/OOA680_m1/dmake/dmake.exe': No such file or directory
>
> I check the OOA680_m1/dmake directory.  There is no dmake.exe.  Hum...  Is the dmake.exe built during the configure part, or during the bootstrap part?

During bootstrap.

> Please help.

<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Debug_Build_Problems>

  Volker

--
If you like my work consider:  http://www.scytek.de/donations.html
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D

回覆: [dev] bootstrap error: cp cannot stat dmake: no such file or directory

Work Klo
I search the web.  Finally I get something.  This post ./bootstrap finished succesfully  :) and dmake fails :((at http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2001/08/msg00004.html) shows me something.  I run 'make all' and I get dmake.exe.

1) Strange is that before I rebuild an already built source, I check that and there is no dmake.exe in dmake directory!
2) I run dmake and it gets going until to extras/source/autotext/lang.  After building extras/source/autoext, the build continue on the lang subdirectory.  It just hands there.  No output.  The Task Manager shows that dmake is using 0% of CPU...

Any more hint?

Work Klo <[hidden email]> 說: Dear all,